Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

OUR NEW COMMANDER 2.5lift

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a Rancho lift....dealer installed. They used my truck as a model. The tires are Bridgestone Dueler 265/65/17.
I dont know much about that stuff...thats all my fiance. Im here screaming into the licing room asking what I have :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup - light Khaki, beige leather interior....have I mentioned how much I love it? :)
Everyone that sees me asks "what is that"
I think it may be the best looking truck on the streets of Tucson! :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Dont those rims come on the limited commander? how did ya get them on urs? Did u buy them after u bought the jeep cuz those are "supposedly" chrome :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Looks like they installed your roof rack wrong, too far back on the rear rail. They should be mounted with the front cross bar on the first arrow, and the rear bar on the second arrow from the rear. If you have Sirius and mount it on the last arrow it will be sitting directly over the Sat antenna.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I too have a Commander in light khaki with beige leather interior. I think the actual color is lighter than your picture seems to indicate. I ended up paying around $2000 more for mine as I had to go for the "Limited" edition to get this color. The dealer had a dark khaki with the beige interior and I looked at it for a LONG time before taking the Limited edition. I realize I could have ordered a standard Commander in light khaki, but I was READY for one right then. I had been looking at them for over a month and couldn't wait anymore.

I'm not sorry that I did go for the Limited as it includes a lot of upgrades that I like (automatic windshield wipers, etc.)

I realize that everyone has their own tastes (that's why they invented the color purple.) However, for me, black or dark kyaki belong on limo's or furneral home wagons.

·
Registered
274 Posts
jeep cmder said:
"However, for me, black or dark kyaki belong on limo's or furneral home wagons."

oph! the dark colors take a jab to the gut!! (hee hee!)

We would probably think about the darker colors if we lived up north where it snowed a lot more so it soaks up the sun when it's cold. For us, we like the lighter colors that don't burn ya when your lean on it in the summer.

Inferno Red Rules:D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Mango~Ridge said:
Inferno Red Rules:D
Looks like in 07, Jeep will no longer offer Inferno Red and apparently they have already dumped light khaki effective last month. How long will the Dark Side rule before the final reckoning by the forces of Light?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Cool, we have one of a kind, distinctive to the first year XK. They seem to do that with some of the colors. We have an 02 Grand Cherokee that is Garnet Red, in 03 DC discontinued it. We also have an 03 Lliberty which is Stone White, I'm not sure if DC offered Stone White in 04.

·
Registered
110 Posts
ktek01 said:
Looks like they installed your roof rack wrong, too far back on the rear rail. They should be mounted with the front cross bar on the first arrow, and the rear bar on the second arrow from the rear. If you have Sirius and mount it on the last arrow it will be sitting directly over the Sat antenna.
IIRC, the manual suggests placing the front crossbar at the second notch and the rear crossbar at the farthest rear (seventh) notch. :confused:

My Commander has only six notches on the side rails not seven and I notice dealers installing these bars at the farthest front and farthest rear or farthest front and second from rear. Without SIRUS does it matter if windnoise is not an issue?? I'm installing an aftermarket roof basket and I'd like to have the crossrails at second from front and all the way to the rear. This will put the basket all the way to the rear centered over the tire.

XKPearl

1 - 15 of 15 Posts