Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 07 impreza... great in all weather until today. She followed me to get to a sledding spot we take our son, the back road was untouched and steep as could be. I made it up just fine... her all wheel drive didn't make it 1/2 way. All four wheels were spinning and she was furious... more mad at me for rubbing it in... :stickpoke:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Those are supposed to be good in the snow. Though, I have never driven anything that runs as nice in the snow as my Commander!!!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
looks like you need to trade in the impreza for a new commander!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
My wife has a 07 impreza... great in all weather until today. She followed me to get to a sledding spot we take our son, the back road was untouched and steep as could be. I made it up just fine... her all wheel drive didn't make it 1/2 way. All four wheels were spinning and she was furious... more mad at me for rubbing it in... :stickpoke:
Sounds like it needs better tires.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Sounds like it needs better tires.
X2! A light weight vehicle with good winter tires can make it up a hill easy. A light weight vehicle with bad tires usually only gets as far as the nearest ditch.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I had to google it too. Now if you had said Subaru...:ugh2:

·
Registered
953 Posts
X2! A light weight vehicle with good winter tires can make it up a hill easy. A light weight vehicle with bad tires usually only gets as far as the nearest ditch.
x3!

I have a second set of wheels with Nokian Hakkapeliita 2 winter tires on our Subaru Outback (and the SUV version on the Jeep), and they are awesome! If you can't get a dedicated set of winter's, I have heard great opinions about the WR G2 and the previous generation WR which are all season, high performance, and snowflake rated.

Nokian tyres are from Finland, and they test their tires at a special track in the Arctic Circle! I think they must know a thing or two about snow and ice. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts