Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like your opinion... I purchased 4 KC Slimlite Lamps for my XK, The photo shows 2 of them installed.

My question is this... Should I stay with 2, put the other two between the first two or move the first two?

·
Registered
577 Posts
49er- do you have any shots from farther back? to see the way the lights look on the "whole package".... I am leaning twoards all four if you are going to mount them up there.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran out and took this one, I have my headliner out so it is hard to move teh XK right now.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I would definitely go with the four..Go big or go home, right??
If it was my Jeep, I think I would try to find a way to mount them on the front of the rack to bring the height down a bit.
Just my opinion.
I also would hate to see you crack all four of them off pulling into your garage !! LOL

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HEMI said:
If it was my Jeep, I think I would try to find a way to mount them on the front of the rack to bring the height down a bit.
Just my opinion.
The Yakima mounts only let you install them (anywhere along the top) where I have them or behind the wind screen if you go to a small light & fold hte windscreen down anytime you use the lights.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I like it! I think it would like fine either way. I installed my Load Warrior last night and decided I definitely need the extension. I am also debating returning it and getting the Mega Warrior. Is that the Mega on yours? It looks wide. Did you get the extension? I got 20% and no tax on the Load Warrior so I hate to return it and pay full price. Oh well, gotta pay to play!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, mine is the mega warrior with extensions, I then added thier light mounts.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, mine is the mega warrior with extensions, I then added thier laight mounts.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Definitely 4. That rack looks good on your XK.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
I think they would look much better (2 or 4) if you found a way to mount them in front of the Yakima. You could probably fabricate some brackets or something, no?

In my opinion, they look way out of place so high like that!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
TR4Runner said:
I think they would look much better (2 or 4) if you found a way to mount them in front of the Yakima. You could probably fabricate some brackets or something, no?

In my opinion, they look way out of place so high like that!
I agree. You should be able to get some aluminum strips at home depot and bend them into an S shaped bracket with holes on each end. You can then hit it with some Rustoleum primer and then two coats of flat/satin black.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I definately would go with 4 lights. I also agree they look a little to tall for my tastes. I have the megawarrior and the sport bars and it sits up even higher. On mine it looks like there is enough room to put lights under the basket. I might end up doing that.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did end up going with four. You can install them behind the wind screen butthen you have to tilt it down to use them.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Looking good. Four was the number. How do you like the sun roof air deflector? How does it attach? I keep getting a whistle from mine and was hoping that would take care of it.

db

1 - 20 of 23 Posts