Jeep Commander Forum banner

3481 - 3500 of 3538 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought a Black on black 2010 Commander Limited with 100k with every option available.

Already had a hub bearing/speed sensor replaced. Also I just noticed lights burned out on the HVAC controll unit. I'm also noticing hard clunks when shifting from D to N to R and vice versa. Also having a clunk @ 25 mph while decellerating. I know some of these issues are probably addressed but please let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've posted a little bit and read a lot

2006 Black Commander Limited with 161k on it. It's been mine since 150k, got it from my dad as a first car. It's the 4.7l with a tow package and the rear seat VES. I love it for everything it can do, but not for the fuel mileage.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I've posted a little bit and read a lot

2006 Black Commander Limited with 161k on it. It's been mine since 150k, got it from my dad as a first car. It's the 4.7l with a tow package and the rear seat VES. I love it for everything it can do, but not for the fuel mileage.
Cheers! I have improved my fuel mileage with basic maintenance and mod choices.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New here, my name is Sasha and I have a 2006 white jeep commander. Recently just paid her off and put some new black wheels and wrangler tires on her, along with smoked head, fog and tail lights. She is a beauty and I get compliments on her all the time! I've put a lot of money into the b*@ch and am still having problems. Seems like they are never ending, every time I turn around and think I've fixed the issue she starts acting out again. Oh yeah and I'm from Arkansas

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just bought mine not too long ago, I purchased a Stone White 2008 Jeep Commander with a 5.7 Hemi. Absolutely love the vehicle so far. The only things I've added so far are OEM slush mats, and a smittybilt overlander tent. I have recently purchased the RC 2.25" leveling kit and a set of 4600 series Bilsteins, the XK will also be rocking some AEV Savegre's wrapped in 265/70/17 BFG KO2's; all to be installed hopefully within the next week or so. Excited to Join the forum, HELLO EVERYBODY!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello all,
my Commander a/c is not cooling at all recently. 2005, 4.7L; bought since May'2014; hope it was not replaced since new; I got to the nearby service folks and they say that the Evaporator has to be changed and gave a pretty high estimate of spares and labor. Evaporator alone about $1500 and labor about $1000. Pls advice whether can a take a step by step approach of firstly try getting the refrigerant topped. Check whether it solves the problem. Can I do cleaning of the Evaporator from outside by injecting any cleaning agents? thanks for your advices..... happy and safe driving.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently picked up 2007 Commander 4.7L SILVER.. 2WD.. 150K Miles
Wanted one when i was in college and now i got it as a second car :)

·
Registered
57 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
hello all,
my Commander a/c is not cooling at all recently. 2005, 4.7L; bought since May'2014; hope it was not replaced since new; I got to the nearby service folks and they say that the Evaporator has to be changed and gave a pretty high estimate of spares and labor. Evaporator alone about $1500 and labor about $1000. Pls advice whether can a take a step by step approach of firstly try getting the refrigerant topped. Check whether it solves the problem. Can I do cleaning of the Evaporator from outside by injecting any cleaning agents? thanks for your advices..... happy and safe driving.....
Search the forums, but the part is very cheap. A new evap will run about $70 USD on Amazon or Ebay. The install varies from $600 to $1200 USD depending on the shop.

Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
New to posting, but I've utilized the forum for all sorts of solutions to classic commander problems from ignition switch to weeping A-pillars. Thanks to everyone for all the great advice. Here she is... 07 4.7 will put some new pics up soon will be adding a Cascadia tent, probably next year. She was stock when I got her w 77k... So far 2 inch budget bump on the front and 1.5 on the back with new 9 inch wheels wrapped in 235/80 R17 "skinny" BFG AT KO2s plus 4 racks and aftermarket hitch. I love the new look and have received many compliments out and about... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings

New to the jeep world. Just bought a 2008 Commander. What's the largest tire I can run without a lift. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
47 Posts
New to the jeep world. Just bought a 2008 Commander. What's the largest tire I can run without a lift. Thanks for the help
Here is a good post that will give you guidance. From what I understand you might be able to fit 245/75R17 or 255/65R17 ture. If you do have some rubbing, there is a simple modification you can do, which is bending back the pinch weld that's behind the plastic fender well (great explanation here).

Personally I'm not a fan of bigger tires without lifting the Jeep a couple inches. It just looks to crowded in the wheel well. My advice is to look at some pictures from this site before you decide.

Welcome and good luck!

3481 - 3500 of 3538 Posts