Jeep Commander Forum banner

3521 - 3538 of 3538 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
'06 Commander

year, model / trim package, color, your location and anything else you would like to share about your Commander.

2006, Commander 3.0 CRD Limited in Black. Lancashire, UK.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just picked up an '06 Limited with the Hemi, tow package, off-road package. Can't wait to dive in and freshen it up.

Quick question: I have the NAV radio with Sirius Satellite which of course is not working since I don't have a subscription for this Jeep. When I tune to SAT the generic Sirius channel shows up but there's no volume (I have satellite in two other Jeeps and even without a subscription that channel will play their promos on the benefits of satellite radio.) Is there a known issue with the satellite antenna? Is there something on the radio I need to check to get volume from the satellite channel?

Thanks in advance - great forum!

Bob
My 2006 Limited with no Sirius subscription was on channel 184 also with no volume. I don't think it's an issue, maybe just the way that old SAT system worked with no subscription. BTW you can test it for free. I signed up last week. Sirius/XM is offering 2 months free (no stings attached/no credit card asked for) and my Sirius/XM system works fine now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
2010 Jeep Commander Limited
Black
5.7 ltr hemi
Magnaflow exhaust
QTII 4wd
Black leather interior
85,000 miles
CT, USA

Getting ready to install a lift!

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you own a Jeep Commander, let us know the year, model / trim package, color, your location and anything else you would like to share about your Commander.
hi l own a 07 hemi jeep commander quad 11 . love it but remote start not working. engine llight came on. A dianostic shows its got c converter problems. Is there a way to bypass this its very expensive to replace. I tested this problem by disconecting the ground it works till the engine light reappears

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI again out there in commander forum land, nice to read that a lot of people like these JEEPS. Hope to get a reply on my 1st post some time. From Fenelon Falls Ont. Thanks. God Bless

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
hi l own a 07 hemi jeep commander quad 11 . love it but remote start not working. engine llight came on. A dianostic shows its got c converter problems. Is there a way to bypass this its very expensive to replace. I tested this problem by disconecting the ground it works till the engine light reappears
@Abe; Welcome to the forum; I don't know of a way to by-pass the catalytic converter. Have you checked your hood switch for the remote start?

They have been known to go bad - and the remote start won't function properly without a working hood switch in good working order.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Big Blue thanks for the info i'll give it a go and see what l come up with. ln the future was going to give the front a 2 " lift. cause the commander as we know has a downward front profile from stock. Are spring lifts any good or best to get the kit? :)

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Hi Big Blue thanks for the info i'll give it a go and see what l come up with. ln the future was going to give the front a 2 " lift. cause the commander as we know has a downward front profile from stock. Are spring lifts any good or best to get the kit? :)
The Rocky Roads 2 inch lift is decent bang for the buck and then there is the 2 inch Rough Country lift which is just a spacer lift kit.

3521 - 3538 of 3538 Posts