Jeep Commander Forum banner

3561 - 3572 of 3572 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
2010 ltd 5.7 Hemi 4x4 midnight blue (black) chrome pkg all the bells and whistles 2nd owner bought it 2 yrs ago and love it! Sunbury, Ohio

·
Administrator
15,527 Posts
2010 ltd 5.7 Hemi 4x4 midnight blue (black) chrome pkg all the bells and whistles 2nd owner bought it 2 yrs ago and love it! Sunbury, Ohio
@Chas1964 That's a beautiful Commander!

Reactions: LunaSea831

·
Administrator
6,840 Posts
I like your tires and wheels what size are they? I have a set of 245 75 17 off of a gladiator, tires and wheels I'm thinking about putting on my XK I just hope they work, what do you think?
Thanks @Chas1964;

My tires are LT285/70/17 Good Year Wrangler DuraTracs. (33's)

Rims are American Racing AR969 Ansen Off Road Rims
(17 x 8 with 4.5 inch back spacing, 0 mm offset) Part # AR96978050500

As far as the Gladiator tires & rims you have, the rims should fit but the 245/75/17 tires could be to wide & may scrape the wheel-well side walls, considering that stock Commander tires are only P245/65R17's.

The only way to know for sure, is to put them on and see if you have enough clearance in the wheel wells, at full turn.

·
Administrator
6,840 Posts
Green 2006 3.7L 4 Door 2WD, Laredo TX
@Padrimino;

Please read the New Member Required Reading below and complete your user profile as directed, in order to comply with the forum rules;

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey!! I'm a 9 year Commander owner and just now learned of this site today! I have a 2006, 5.7L Hemi Ltd, Red color. I'm the second owner and purchased it in 2010. I initially bought it from a used car dealership in Colorado when I was going to college, then moved to Kansas City, MO in 2015 and now living in California where it will most likely be its final resting place. It currently has 251K miles and it was at 75K when I bought it. It's been on about 9 round trips from Colorado to California and two round trips from KCMO to California. Multiple off-roading trips in the Colorado Rockies and the Sierra Nevada Mountains. So it's definitely seen it's wear and tear. At this point everything has gone out at least once. I thought I lost it when I moved from Colorado to KC. Literally would not start and nothing fixed it. Had it hauled to KCMO and a technician at a dealership spent a month on it and basically said there was a code that was faulty which killed the engine. He said he cleared the code and it started up again. He said it was a fluke thing as most people would have just scrapped it at that point. Then when I moved from KC back to California when we were past Reno at the California border we pulled down a big hill and the car died again. Turned out my starter, alternator and battery all died at the same time, even though I had everything checked before we left for the move. I have definitely taken pride in a lot of the maintenance and upkeep. Just need to get some bodywork and paint work re-done.

3561 - 3572 of 3572 Posts