Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am getting a P0198 code when i do the Jeep "key dance" so, i was wondering if anyone could please tell me where the oil temperature switch is located on a 06' 5.7 Hemi and the best way to access it? From what i can find, it looks like it may sit under and somewhat behind the alternator however, i still can't seem to put my eyes on it, by looking from the top of the engine bay or the bottom.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
OK read this several days ago but haven't had time to look it up in the service manual. here is the sensor locations for the right side of the hemi which is where the engine oil temp sensor is - bottom right.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I am getting a P0198 code when i do the Jeep "key dance" so, i was wondering if anyone could please tell me where the oil temperature switch is located on a 06' 5.7 Hemi and the best way to access it? From what i can find, it looks like it may sit under and somewhat behind the alternator however, i still can't seem to put my eyes on it, by looking from the top of the engine bay or the bottom.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Hey, when I start my 08- 4.6 l Commander in the AM I’m getting the check engine light and the red lines with “squiggle” in the middle on the top right of my dash which is oil pressure. If I turn the vehicle off and then restart it goes off. Does anyone know why this would happen? I’ve been looking for a fuse but no success so far. I love this truck, this is literally the only issue I’ve had after replacing the starter. Any help would be appreciated!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey, when I start my 08- 4.6 l Commander in the AM I’m getting the check engine light and the red lines with “squiggle” in the middle on the top right of my dash which is oil pressure. If I turn the vehicle off and then restart it goes off. Does anyone know why this would happen? I’ve been looking for a fuse but no success so far. I love this truck, this is literally the only issue I’ve had after replacing the starter. Any help would be appreciated!!!
This is the electronic throttle control
This is the oil pressure
as far as I understand. Double check the connectors on your throttle body.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is the electronic throttle control View attachment 40845 This is the oil pressure View attachment 40846 as far as I understand. Double check the connectors on your throttle body.

I’m sorry, I should have said, that red light goes on, AND oil temp meter doesn’t go up. Then when I turn the vehicle off and restart, the gauge goes to normal temp and the red light goes off.
But thank you, I didn’t know that and will def get it checked out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts