Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had my trans filters and gasket replaced at 90k, im not at 101k and started to have issues, I noticed that my hard shifting has resurfaced since the service( i know that only 40% of fluid was replaced but thats how the dealer does it) I now know that the 0700 is a trans sys malfunction and that 0846 is the trans pressure sensor. Since I know how to rebuild the trans and I work at a parts company, id like to take the least down time option if anyone thinks this is just a sensor R&R job. or if I should just do myself a favor and pull the trans and rebuild?

also where might I find out if my trans is the 45RFE or the 545RFE

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
If you have the 4.7 liter or 5.7 Liter engine then you have the 545RFE transmission. If you have the 3.7 liter engine then you have a NAG1, Mercedes-Benz WA580. The NAG1 is also found in the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 8.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Odds are it will be a sensor issue.
If the 0700 code was first, address it first....the second code is generally a resultant code, so you only address it after the first issue is resolved and the second code resets.

These transmissions have, in my opinion, huge clutches compared to the Hydromatics and Ford transmissions.......the two units found in the Commander and GC are, in my opinion, 300k designs.

So, a lot more testing before you throw in the towel would be my recommendation.

Rob

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok...well im replacing the sensor, since the P0700 is a generic fault code...how can I repair "Trasmission system malfucntion" before I repair "Transmission pressure sensor malfunction"...lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had the same codes come up at 45k along with a check engine light and the dealer flashed my trans, havent had a problem since. You may just need a need a software update or computer reset. Much easier going that route than tearing it out and rebuilding, unless your into that sort of thing..:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the sensor, so ill install it anyhow, then get the reflash...and if i get to the sensor and mines ok then ill do my fluid service and go get the reflash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts