Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm trying to help out a coworker of my girlfriend, her 2007 2wd commander with a 3.7 has been giving her transmission trouble, today it went into limp mode and kicked out these codes, p2784, p0730, p0731,p0732,p0733,p0734 . Did a quick look and the front of the transmission pan is wet with fluid. Any suggestions of what to look at will be appreciated for when I get it for more than 15 minutes. I did clear the codes and she said it will go over 30 mph now, another problem she said she has is sometimes coming to a stop it won't move unless she turns it off and restarts it.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Hello I'm trying to help out a coworker of my girlfriend, her 2007 2wd commander with a 3.7 has been giving her transmission trouble, today it went into limp mode and kicked out these codes, p2784, p0730, p0731,p0732,p0733,p0734 . Did a quick look and the front of the transmission pan is wet with fluid. Any suggestions of what to look at will be appreciated for when I get it for more than 15 minutes. I did clear the codes and she said it will go over 30 mph now, another problem she said she has is sometimes coming to a stop it won't move unless she turns it off and restarts it.
What is her transmission fluid level like? The nag1 in these does not like to be run with the incorrect fluid level.

Is the rubber trans cooler line weeping? Usually this is a slow leak not a gusher.

- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Shift solenoids
- Transmission mechanical problems
- Transmission hydraulic control circuit

Read more: http://www.engine-codes.com/p0730.html#ixzz4CvNUOjmN

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
po730-1-2-3-4- is all incorrect gear ratio.

Tell her to stop driving the damn thing before she gets it checked out.

Trouble Code:
System:
Subsystem:
P2784 - (ASE)
Powertrain
Transmission Controls

DTC Description: Input / Turbine Speed (Sensor A / B) Correlation

Likely Cause:

Sensor A / B

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Did you find out what the problem is and if so how was it fixed? I too have P0731 and P0700 and trying to figure it out as well.
As I mentioned to you before Jerry, this smells of a bad sensor or sensors to me.

There are a few different sensors in the 545RFE 5 speed and they are pretty well documented as the Achilles heal of this transmission.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts