Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody's seen chrome door handles for sale, but what I want to know is:
Can you buy factory painted door handles? I don't like my unpainted door handles and I dont want to pay a body shop a lot of money to paint the ones on the truck. Does anybody know where you can buy some?

·
Registered
264 Posts
nacnac...... here is my post on chrome handles. Somebody asked about painted handles.

>>> I saw body colored handles on the net some time back. They were from a Jeep dealer. You might want to try and Google that? You could also try/call mopar4less.com. <<<

mopar4less is the cheapest site I have found for Jeep items. Ironically, it is a Dodge dealer but I think they just have the warehouse ship items as they are quite fast. Faster than my dealer and I am near Atlanta! And, that includes shipping time. This is where I got my rear assist bars for about $150ish. My dealer wanted $275 and the cheapest I found from this forum's suggestion was $180ish

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't checked yet but I'll check some dealer's parts departments and mopar4less. Do they still have dark khaki on '07?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't believe how a lot people can't agree what color my jeep is. People say its brown, grey, green. It looks green to me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
ALL Commanders that i've seen in Canada have painted door handles. What are the other? Just black? same as mirrors?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
J's Jeep said:
ALL Commanders that i've seen in Canada have painted door handles. What are the other? Just black? same as mirrors?
Yes, I would like to have had painted or chrome mirrors. I think they would look good on the dark colored vehicles

·
Registered
7 Posts
Painted door handles were fairly easy to obtain from the dealer at a surprisingly reasonable cost (considering it's the dealer) Approx. $50.00 each. All you need to do is find your same year model / color on the car lot and write down the Vin#, give it to the parts dept. and they can order (vin# has color scheme in digits). If your looking for a cheaper alternative I am clueless :) Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts