Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have any of you guys had your commander mirrors painted ? i saw a white commander like mine the other day on the highway and its mirrors where painted white to match it look really good ! just wondering if anyone has done this and have pics to post and about how much it cost thanks !

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
You'll have took closely at the painted mirrors on the Limited/Overland. The part that is body color is smooth, not like the rough black surface on the non painted black mirrors. Thus, the housings are slightly different, but I don't see why the black plastic wouldn't accept paint. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Im sure the black ones can be painted. Some plastics can give problems to those who aren't familiar with the proper prep procedures but the mirrors are probably ABS plastic and can be painted easily. My main concern is all the silicone that has been absorbed into the plastic from Armor-All and such. Also, a textured plastic when painted keeps does not have the same super glossy look like the rest of the car because of the textured surface. The texture keeps the light from being reflected back the same as it would on a flat, smooth panel. May not look so good to some people, may be fine for others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts