Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm thinking about painting the all of the exterior grey trim on my black commander black. Just wanted to get some opinions on if I should I attempt to paint myself or pay a shop to do it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I painted my handles on my S10 with a spray can and they came out pretty good, just didnt have that deep glossy look. Any ideas on how much it would cost to have a shop color match the door moldings, mirrors and maybe roof rack?

·
Registered
717 Posts
DAVA said:
I painted my handles on my S10 with a spray can and they came out pretty good, just didnt have that deep glossy look. Any ideas on how much it would cost to have a shop color match the door moldings, mirrors and maybe roof rack?

It's not a 73 Pinto...not that there is anything wrong with those :) ....Definitely take it to a good body shop

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Knowing how much you paid for the vehicle, I would pay a professional and not have any regrets.

·
Registered
184 Posts
DAVA said:
Hey guys I'm thinking about painting the all of the exterior grey trim on my black commander black. Just wanted to get some opinions on if I should I attempt to paint myself or pay a shop to do it?
I would go with a pro as well, they will know the right way to do it.

I would kind of like to do the same thing… Except I would be taking the exterior chrome trim from "chrome" to black. I know a lot of people will think that is crazy, but I didn't buy the limited for the plastic chrome (and with exception to maybe the roof rack rails, ALL the chrome is plastic).

·
Registered
71 Posts
I used to work for a mobile auto painting company. Do not do this yourself. Look for one of the mobile guys to do it as a side job? Let me know any questions.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Get a pro and protect what you have already spent. Doing it yourself will effect your resale value. If it looks professional it likely will not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts