Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I changed out my Bilstein 4600 rear shocks with Bilstein 5100's.

These 4600's only have about 2,000 miles on them.

They were removed yesterday and the picture below was taken today (9/16/16).

The price is $90.00 for the pair (non-negotiable) and you pay for the shipping.

I planned on keeping them as spares, but, somebody here had asked me if I'd sell them but I don't remember who it was - which is why I am posting them here.

If nobody responds, no worries; I'll revert to my original plan & keep them as a spare set.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It was me but somehow I thought that they were the fronts, not the backs

Swanny
Ahhh, I gotcha Swanny, no worries.

I kept the Bilstein B6 4600 front struts; I just replaced the Bilstein HD 4600 rear shocks with Bilstein 5100 rear shocks (# 33-225807) so I could have the longer shock in the rear to allow for more suspension travel.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Are these stock or lifted suspension?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
They are Bilstein HD 4600 rear shocks that have about 2,000 miles on them - they are not stock rear shocks.

I had them on my Commander which is lifted slightly over 3 inches.

I decided to swap them out with Bilstein 5100's which are slightly longer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
BigBlue, I have a 2006 Jeeo Commander 5.7L Hemi in Brazil. Its hard to find parts here. Could you send those shocks to Brazil ? How could I pay ?
My car has original rear shocks. Can I just replece them ? Or should I do somethig else to fit them ?

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
BigBlue, I have a 2006 Jeeo Commander 5.7L Hemi in Brazil. Its hard to find parts here. Could you send those shocks to Brazil ? How could I pay ?
My car has original rear shocks. Can I just replece them ? Or should I do somethig else to fit them ?
Marcelo,

The 4600's are direct replacements for the factory OEM rear shocks - they will bolt right in, no modifications are necessary.

I am flying out to Asia in the next 36 hours and I have a lot to do to get ready, so, I won't have the time to ship them out to Brazil.

Maybe when I come back in 4 months or so - if you are still interested by then, we can work something out.

I would suggest opening a PAYPAL account if you want to pay for parts in the U.S. - if you don't already have one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts