Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago I gave a buddy a jump and every since my Park assist had stopped working. I checked the fuse (hopefully the right one) and it was good but I replaced it anyway, still no luck. Anyone else ever had this problem? Sorry if I'm bringing up an old topic, I couldn't find the answer

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
A few months ago I gave a buddy a jump and every since my Park assist had stopped working. I checked the fuse (hopefully the right one) and it was good but I replaced it anyway, still no luck. Anyone else ever had this problem? Sorry if I'm bringing up an old topic, I couldn't find the answer

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Try cleaning the contacts @ the sensors and using dielectric grease there. Mine tells me its not working whenever it gets too dirty.

Not sure how jumping another vehicle could effect them.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
The way lucky phrased it might confuse, clean the connectors with electronics cleaner or hi concentrated alcohol, the dielectric grease displaces and seals out moisture and contaminants, that you add after cleaning and before reconnecting them.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
The way lucky phrased it might confuse, clean the connectors with electronics cleaner or hi concentrated alcohol, the dielectric grease displaces and seals out moisture and contaminants, that you add after cleaning and before reconnecting them.
Yes, thank you Mongo :grouphug:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I made an appointment at the stealership next Saturday to have the P41 - ignition switch recall done, and will have them check out my PA system as well.

For a few months now, anywhere from immediately after starting the vehicle to several minutes into the drive, I'll receive a warning tone with "Service Park Assist" displayed on the EVIC. Doesn’t matter if I’m backing up, moving forward, etc.

The park assist system works normally until I get that message and it turns itself off. I don't think it has anything to do with the gear shift module, because I left the gear shift in neutral and just by turning the key off and on, was able to reproduce the sometimes it works fine, sometimes it immediately throws an error.

I think I’ll start by disconnecting all the sensors, cleaning the contacts, and replacing them. I can’t in good conscience take it in without having done some of my own troubleshooting first. I’ll post an update for those interested.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts