Jeep Commander Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Creek, it was the easiest repair I've ever done. Simply fold the 2nd row driver's side seat forward, remove the little carpeted panel, unhook the module and slide the new one in. It took me all of 3 minutes. Would've been 2 minutes if I didn't have a child seat in the way!

The Final Drive Control Module (FDCM) is in this same area right next to the Park Assist Module.

Here's a photo I took. You can see the FDCM to the left.
I know this
I removed the bumper and checked/cleaned all electrical contacts. However, before doing so, I had the issue narrowed down to what I thought was a bad sensor. I covered them up one at a time and found the inner driver's side was not triggering a beep when covered. Because this sensor is not accessible with the bumper on, I swapped it with the outer passenger side sensor, so that I could put the bumper on now, and then have easy access to the sensor when the replacement arrived.

So I got everything back together, and the sensor I thought was bad, was now working! They all seemed to be working, however, that didn't stop the system from randomly disabling itself. So, I broke down and paid the $49.95 diagnostic fee. The dealer said I needed a new Park Assist Module, which would be an additional $375 for parts and labor.

Obviously I declined that. I purchased a used one on ebay for $40 shipped. It should (hopefully) arrive this week so I'll let everyone know if that solves my problem.
hi. Did you need programming on used control module? I’m having the same problem.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I did not. It seemed to be plug-and-play. I would just be 100% sure the model numbers match exactly. I'm not sure if they used slightly different variants over the span of model years.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts