Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I'm new here. Long time Wrangler owner, just picked up an 07 Commander. Can anyone tell me why I have the park assist button but do not have the LED indicator by the headliner? No beeping when I back up either. Sorry if this has been asked before but the dealership I bought the truck from didn't know much about it. Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
The park assist LED's are inside in the back above the lift gate so you can see them while backing up with your head turned around. They only beep when you get within a couple feet of an object. The LEDs come on a couple at a time as you get closer to an object - red ones come on when a couple feet from an object. If you have the feature there are also 4 sensors in the back bumper that are little circles about 1/2 inch in diameter. Also when backing up if you get real close to an object the radio sound will turn off if it was on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Check out this article: http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_park_assist.htm

This is what I've been wondering about for years since I've had many Mopars with PA:

Each side of the warning display has 6 yellow and 2 red LEDs. The vehicle is close to the obstacle when the red LED is ON.

When the obstacle is detected at a distance of about 59 inches (150 cm) from the rear fascia, the outermost LEDs of the warning display will be ON with increased brightness. As the distance of the detected obstacle to the rear fascia decreases, more LEDs are illuminated. The warning display will not actuate a tone when only yellow LEDs are ON.

When the warning display has the first 7 LEDs ON, including 1 red LED, the warning display will actuate an intermittent tone for about 3 sec. The radio will be muted while the tone is actuated.

When the detected obstacle is about 11.8 inches (30 cm) from the rear fascia, the warning display will actuate a continuous tone for about 3 sec and it will turn ON all 8 LEDs, including both RED LEDs, on the corresponding side of the display. The radio will be muted while the tone is actuated.

When the obstacle is less than 11.8 inches (30 cm) from the rear fascia, the warning display will either have all 8 LEDs ON (obstacle detected) or it will have only the outermost LEDs ON with decreased brightness (obstacle not detected), depending on the location of the obstacle.

·
Registered
862 Posts
You pretty much don't need the LED's with all the beeping. The radio mutes when the beeping starts, and it gets more insistent the closer you get to something.

Beep... beep... beep... beep, beep, beep, beep-beep-beep beepbeepbeep BEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

When you get out and check after the system's beeping has been in "panic mode," you're less than a foot away.

The button is to shut it up when towing something, you have a hitch rack on, or a hitch mounted winch because whatever's back there continually triggers the sensors. The dash display will show PARKING ASSIST DISABLED every time you go into reverse if it's turned off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts