Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like my sensors aren't very accurate. When I am backing out of my garage, the left side always goes off even though nothing is there, and when I am backing into the street the right goes off as well. Can they be cleaned or relaigned somehow? I like the idea of them, I just cant put much faith in them when they go off with nothing around me.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Are the reflecting off the concret? Mine go off when the back of the XK angles down when backing into the street from my drive

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
I feel like my sensors aren't very accurate. When I am backing out of my garage, the left side always goes off even though nothing is there, and when I am backing into the street the right goes off as well. Can they be cleaned or relaigned somehow? I like the idea of them, I just cant put much faith in them when they go off with nothing around me.
Mine do exactly the same thing. Also, I have an Oak tree in my front yard. It is about 4.5' in diameter at the base. I can back up until the bumper hits the tree, and they never go off! They go crazy when I have the boat hitched up. After I had the Jeep for a couple of months, I backed into a pole protecting the gas pumps at a gas station, and damaged the left side of the bumper. They nver went off! I explained all of the above to the dealer, and they refused to fix it under warranty. :mofo:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts