Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the part number for the dual-vent cover/insert in the third row? Or how much it would cost to replace?

Thanks!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome - thanks, Cico

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Wait a minute, I thought you had to tell us what happened. Isn't that a rule?

·
Registered
40 Posts
That does seem like a fair rule. This is a part I need to replace as well, my story is aggravating and sort of predictable. My dogs practically live in the back of the Commander, they're normally with me when I go to work or just running errands. My weimaraner (normally a fairly chill dog as weimaraners go) likes to think that anything within a four vehicle radius is hers to protect so she typically lunges at the window/tailgate as the case may be.
Apparently on one of her tirades (sp) she broke one of the fins on the passenger side, possibly just knocked it out of whack but either way, it's not right anymore, I just haven't gotten around to popping it out.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine broke within a month of buying new almost three years ago. I don't even remember how it happened but I think I knocked it with something I was loading in the back. They are not very strong and it didn't take much to snap one of the fins.

I am just a procrastinator so haven't gotten around to fixing it. Since I don't really use the third row, it's never been a priority. But now that my kids are getting bigger I am worried that toys, pencils, and other miscellaneous things will end up down in the duct.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know it would have been a much better story if it involved the "Perform Service" indicator and an inflatable mattress... :eyemouth:

·
Registered
953 Posts
I know it would have been a much better story if it involved the "Perform Service" indicator and an inflatable mattress... :eyemouth:
Nice tie-in to some other threads... :rofl:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
You don't remember? Ok, it must have been the wild bachelor party involving picking up and delivering the keg and a huge cake big enough for someone to hide in....

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Does anyone know the part number for the dual-vent cover/insert in the third row?
Does this look like it? (#12)

12 AIR OUTLET, Quarter Trim

1FZ351D1AA 1 J, T 74 *O0 [D1] [J1]
1FZ351D5AA 1 J, T 74 *O0 [D5]
1FZ351J3AA 1 J, T 74 *O0 [J3]

I assume the three different part number are the different colours?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is the correct part. Could not find any on eBay so I'll try a dealer next week. Not sure which color is which, but I assume the dealer will know.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Here's an update

1FZ351D1AA 1 J, T 74 *O0 [D1] [J1]
1FZ351D5AA 1 J, T 74 *O0 [D5]
1FZ351J3AA 1 J, T 74 *O0 [J3]

D5 is the code for Interior Colour 'Medium Slate Gray '
J3 is the code for Interior Colour 'Khaki'
J1 is the code for Interior Colour 'Dark Khaki /Light Graystone'

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just ordered this from the dealer. For those who are interested, it's $12.95.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Good to hear you got it ordered.

My (part number 12 in the diagram) vent thingy, keeps disappearing inside the ducting, so I guess I'll have to get round to replacing that at some time... :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts