Jeep Commander Forum banner

parts swapping thread

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  65Com06 
#1 ·
It came to my mind that when people upgrade equipment, they put aside what they've replaced. These bits and pieces, I expect, wind up gathering dust on a shelf or in the back of the garage.

Also, tastes are different. Some like the chrome, some don't. I have a black limited, and dislike all the chrome. I was thinking someone might want to trade their black grille for my chrome one. And, if it's possible to uninstall and re-install the door spears and liftgate handle cladding without munging them up, those too? I live in Chester County, Pa.....about 1 hour NW of Philadelphia. Any local takers?

#2 ·
I'm not local but I would be willing to trade my black grill or my black door moldings for your chrome moldings if they are reusable? I would be interested in trading all my moldings and my grill for your moldings and chrome on the roof rack. I wouldn't need the chrome grill since I have one.

Let me know if you are interested.

#3 ·
totally interested.....the tricky part about not being local though, is that there would be an amount of faith required on both of our parts that the parts are reusable and undamaged....and shipping. does anyone know for sure if the chrome accents from a ltd are reusable once removed? or removable at all, for that matter?

#5 ·
The side moldings are not re-usable unless you want to use 3M tape. they snap into a channel into the door, when you remove them, it distorts the fasteners on the molding. the grill on the other hand, can be moved and re-used.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.