Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently found my passenger front window has a glitch? works fine on auto down and manual down , but from either the driver or pass. controls it will not auto up and you have to hold the button all the way up because if you let off the switch it will pause for a moment and auto all the way back down again?! anyone experience this? at first i thought it was my wife not knowing how to use the buttons;) but come to find out, i wasnt exactly right:)

·
Registered
131 Posts
my front passenger window has both auto up and down is that normal?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Glad to see that I am not crazy here - The passanger window goes about half way up and stops!

Initially I thought I was doing something to cause this. Then one day I was watching the window close... it got about 3/4 of the way up and then reversed to about 1/2 way down. I reported it to the dealership...they lubricated the glides to see if that would stop it... so for not have not had this happen again...but with it being 90+ degrees latley I do not have the windows down much.

·
Registered
258 Posts
If you have this problem on the freeway at highspeed, then it could be a backpressure thing within the cabin. Otherwise it is a problem. I love the auto up. the only other car I have owned with auto up and down is a VW. I like the auto up better than the auto down.

Now that I think about it, It could be a problem with the anti pinch sensors in the window. I am pretty sure they have this feature on the JC.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I just discovered my auto up on the drivers side is not working. Will have to have dealer check out.

·
Registered
170 Posts
It has somethig to do with the anti pinch feature. I am guessing that somewhere in the upwards travel of the window, in auto up mode, it binds up enough to cuase the anti pinch to kick in and make the window go back down.

Ours did this for awhile then seemed to free its self up, kind of like the track may have needed to be "broken in" or something.... I havent experienced it happening in awhile. If it starts happening again, I'll let the dealership sort it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same thing on my Commander. I too think it is the anti pinch feature but the problem is intermittant. Just make sure they go all the way up before using the high pressure spray at the car wash... Oops!

·
Registered
476 Posts
The TSB of this is 23-008-06

Subject: Front Door Glass - Loose, Sticks, Binds, Moan-Like Sound or Express-Up Reversal.

I have had the service dept check into this and they claimed they could not duplicate...but they did put so much lube on the glides that the crap is still oozing from the bottom of the door!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
This weekend mine (driver side) would auto down but not up. Yesterday it worked both directions. Go figure. :eek:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well guys here's the latest. The Commander went in on Thursday for several items - a full page with TSBs for easy reference. One of the issues was the passanger side auto-up would not always "UP". OK, it appears they corrected the passanger side (although not to the full specs of the TSB)... NOW :mad: the driver side will not auto-up at all ... in fact you have to pull up on the button, then release..then pull up and hold before the window will go up at all!!! Will be back at the DS on Wednesday... oh, they also screwed up the memory seats! Easy Exit will not work!

Looks like I will be having a long chat with the service manager on the qulaity of service

·
Registered
1 Posts
My passenger window will go half way up then reverse and go back down. I've not had it to the dealer yet because of the hassel but I'm hoping for a bulletin soon.

·
Registered
476 Posts
;)
wvlldist1 said:
My passenger window will go half way up then reverse and go back down. I've not had it to the dealer yet because of the hassel but I'm hoping for a bulletin soon.
The TSB on this is 23-008-06

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just experienced the same problem with the passenger window. Just one more thing to put on the list for the dealer to fix!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I found mine did the same thing (didnt reset itslef and go down, but sounded bound up) untill I started putting it up and down 2-3X every time I drove. Did that for 3-4 days, and now is smooth as drivers side. Maybe it needed the lube spread out, but now works 100%. Will keep my eye on it though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same Problem here.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have had the same problem intermittantly. Took it in for routine service and told the service writer about it and mentioned that I knew there was a TSB on it. When I picked the Jeep up the service writer said they were unable to duplicate the problem and were not supposed to do warranty repairs if they could not duplicate owner reported problems. Then he said that they wanted me to be a satisfied customer so they ordered a new regulator and would call me when it was in. I did not buy this Commander from this dealer.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts