Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. My passenger side dash speaker has started cutting out. It doesnt sound like a blown speaker and doesnt happen all the time. It seems to happen more with my ipod plugged into the aux or if I play a CD. It still happens when listening to the radio but not as much. It is the stock radio/cd player. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem before... I didnt see anything when searching. This is the second time I have had it in for this problem as they couldnt fix it last time and I needed my jeep back. Hopefully they can fix it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That is so weird that you posted this today. I was in line for coffee this morning (a drive through coffee place), listening to my CD, when all of a sudden my passenger door speaker went all crackly. It didn't cut out, but I tried switching to radio, and I could still hear it.

I went to balance on the tuner and turned off the audio on the right side of the car for a minute. When I turned it back on, it was fine. I hope this isn't the start of a "mystery" problem that only happens to me and never at the dealership!

I never use my ipod in the car, so I know it's not that for me.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
On my Cherokee the driver side speaker eventually snapped inside the boot where the wires went through the door. I guess this happened due to the wires getting older and the repeated opening and closing of the door. I patched it up only to have it break again a year later.

I hope it's not something like that already on your Commander.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Ipod plug ins? I didn't think Jeep had that on the commander till 08. I have an 07 Overland...I don't think there is a plug for that...unless I'm missing something.

Please clue me in...

·
Registered
717 Posts
Hemi-Overland said:
Ipod plug ins? I didn't think Jeep had that on the commander till 08. I have an 07 Overland...I don't think there is a plug for that...unless I'm missing something.

Please clue me in...
The base radio has a stereo mini jack in which you can plug your iPod.....there are also several aftermarket solutions

·
Registered
258 Posts
funny how the base radio has that and not the fancy one. Oh well, I've lived this long without having an Ipod plug in...

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Hemi-Overland said:
funny how the base radio has that and not the fancy one. Oh well, I've lived this long without having an Ipod plug in...
Just model changeovers in stereo systems don't happen at the same time. The 2008 navigation system has the mini jack and a USB plug and a hard drive.

·
Registered
321 Posts
mine just started doing that too!! did you ever figure out the solution?!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts