Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I've been sitting at 4wheel parts since 1700 (that's 5pm for the civilians) to pick up my jeep with the new altitude. Well, that's not entirely correct. I dropped the jeep off on Saturday so that they could get started on it and be finished with it by Monday evening (had a three day pass with Monday off). I was thinking drive up and spend the weekend in Atlanta and hang out with my MSG Marine Corps buddy. Had a great weekend until Monday afternoon rolls around and the Jeep isn't finished. I had to be to work this mornng at 0600 for PT and ended up rentng a car to drive the 100ish miles back to Columbus. I left work about two hours early so. Could get back up here and not have to pay for an additional day. Turned the rental in on time, got a ride to the shop only to find that they just finished the suspension. The tech said it's going to be finished tomorrow that they still have over two hours of work on the wheels andthe alignment

Needless to say I wasn't a very happy camper when I walked back into the store. BUT, 4Wheel parts is squaring me away putting two more techs on the job and workig late to get me out of here!!! I caught a glimpse of the BEAST after a test drve and it looks completely different! I hope it's sunny tomorrow so I cabn take some great pics and post them up.

I want to thank everyone that has answered my questions and for the inspiration and all the great ideas.

Thanks for reading this long post

Slainte'
O'C

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
We are all eagerly awaiting the transformation, It should be a true beast when they get it back too you. Looking forward to the pics!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
can't wait to see the pics.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
IrishmanO'C-

I had a similar situation. My superlift was installed at my local Jeep dealership. Superlift (as I recall) estimates about 10 hours for install for an experienced mechanic with all the right tools.

I went to Jeep because even though they hadn't done a WK or XK superlift kit, they at least knew the Commander in and out. These guys install lifts on the new JK all day long and jumped at the chance to do a Commander. It took them 22 hours to install the kit including alignment and such. But because this was their first install for this kit, they only billed me for 11 hours and also cut their rate by 5 bucks an hour - totally fair as far as I'm concerned. I anticipated two days but it took three, no big deal (unless you're on a military schedule!). I was very happy with the end result and have been since.

I think the Superlift kit is more involved once you get into it than the directions let on. My guy did say the directions were quite good compared to some other lift brands. I had actually considered tackling it myself..for about 10 seconds. I think you'll love it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After patiently waiting and some cutting and hacking here she is....

before and after
(you should be able to click the thumbnail for a larger pic)

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Here are the full size pics:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Them black rims looks good on the jeep green. If you ever head back up in this direction, let me know. Need to show off the superlift at Chic Filet!!!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
That looks good. How does it ride?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Now that is impressive. I keep telling myself that the Superlift is not worth that much money, but when I see one I wish I had that much money. Nice rig!

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Looks great! Wait until you've had it off road - you'll think you're in a completely new vehicle. Like 49erFan says - the kit ain't cheap, but in my opinion, it makes a massive improvement to the commander/grand cherokee platform. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Damn that looks good!!!

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Irish -
by "cutting and hacking", are you referring to the cross member mods or the wheel wells? Do your 285 KM2's fit alright?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts