Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 jeep commander sport 3.7 2005 dodge neon sxt 2.0
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been haveing some electrical issues as of late. There have been times where the jeep won't start and dash says check gauges I was checking connections when it would not start I moved the middle set of wires and I heard the fuel system engage. The jeep will start after I move the wires around by the back of the pigtail. Has anyone else had issues with the pigtails?

·
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
956 Posts
The age of commanders is causing many electrical problems. Getting parts is another. Any vehicle out of production over 10 years is fun to fix - NOT.

Welcome to the forum. Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with the Commander details
(1) Forum Rules / Vendor Rules | Jeep Commander Forum
To change your signature and other info -

Try starting here - Click in the little avatar top right - picture attached. Then select the "Account Settings" that should get you going.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have been haveing some electrical issues as of late. There have been times where the jeep won't start and dash says check gauges I was checking connections when it would not start I moved the middle set of wires and I heard the fuel system engage. The jeep will start after I move the wires around by the back of the pigtail. Has anyone else had issues with the pigtails?
Hi, I have a 07 Commander with a 4.7. My problem was different than yours but still a PCM and pigtails. I had some rodents get into my engine compartment and chew up a bunch of my pigtail wires. I ended up having to replace my PCM and pigtail connector wiring. It was a pain in the ass but I took my time and made sure that I matched up my wire colors and used waterproof connectors. It has been running great ever since. Now about 4 months and 10K miles. I got the PCM from https://www.fs1inc.com/ the cost was under $200 and it was programmed for my Jeep. I don't know if this will help but if you need the PCM at least they are worth looking at. I got the pigtails off of Ebay for about $30 bucks. Good luck.

·
Registered
2010 jeep commander sport 3.7 2005 dodge neon sxt 2.0
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@wmeads I was looking into fs1 as a jic I have a strong feeling it is the pigtail. Going to order one soon and solder the wires together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts