Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any idea is these are hand tightened??? What would be the best way to remove this valve...I got a 34mm nut socket but it doesn't look like there's enough room for a fit.

Cresent wrench, socket, or just pure man strength twisting by hand??

Any tricks for taking the hose off? Mine wouldnt budge one bit after I took the clamp off.

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Can you take a pic further away, where exactly is this valve I hav enot seen it on my jeep and I am sure I need to replace mine as well.

·
Registered
571 Posts
On the 3.7l, the pcv is located on the oil fill neck. Its a 1/4 turn and pull to remove.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Almost looks like a 4.7 liter. Am I correct? I just used what ever I could fit in there and tightened it the best I could. I couldn't get the socket in there due to the wiring harness. Definitely tighten it more than hand right though.

·
Registered
2008 3.7 v6 145,000 miles
32 Posts
Any idea is these are hand tightened??? What would be the best way to remove this valve...I got a 34mm nut socket but it doesn't look like there's enough room for a fit.

Cresent wrench, socket, or just pure man strength twisting by hand??

Any tricks for taking the hose off? Mine wouldnt budge one bit after I took the clamp off.
How did you get the clamp on the hose off

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
How did you get the clamp on the hose off
@Don p This thread is 7 years old and kingkong has not been on the forum since Jul 31, 2014, so you are not going to get a reply from him. Please check dates before making a comment in a thread. To see when someone was last active put your cursor on their name.

·
Registered
Black 2007 4.7 Flex Fuel 4WD
3 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but it helped me with my 07, 4.7 commanders, 155,000 miles PCV valve replacement. I bought a NAPA replacement, not realizing how difficult it would be. Mine was tricky since I think it was original. It was stuck on there pretty good, so I soaked the threads with penetrating spray. Job one was getting the 34 MM deep well socket with 1/2 inch ratchet (bought off Amazon). Still couldn't get it to break free, so I wire brushed the threads as much as possible given the confined space and soaked it a second time. After a bit, I drove it around to heat up the joint. It popped free immediately with a little force. Had to fiddle around getting the vent tube off the back of the manifold, but got the job done. I had purchased the Mopar tube, part # 53032617AF, off amazon since it is the common source of a major vacuum leak. All fixed up! Hope this helps someone else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts