Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Nice pics,

are the rims OEM? first time to see it on Commander.

have you ever encountered any problems with that after market hitch receiver as it sets very low?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cool pics, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
69 Posts
ahmed255 said:
Nice pics,

have you ever encountered any problems with that after market hitch receiver as it sets very low?

Beat me to it, I was thinking the same thing?!?!?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ahmed255 said:
Nice pics,

Cheers' the rims are the very first OEM "Arrowhead" rims in the UK which will be fitted as standard on the 2008 Grand Cherokee Overland and S-limited.

The hitch is the standard height and design for the UK which is a real pain. (good for ploughing though!!). We can only fit UK approved hitches.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I think if my hitch had to be that low, I'd forget about towing anything!

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Nice pics. Always good to be outdoors. What's the reason for having four crossbars?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PolarBZ said:
I think if my hitch had to be that low, I'd forget about towing anything!
After dragging the hitch across a few rocks today I'm going to look at removing the electrical connector from the hitch and just remove the hitch when I don't need it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CrzCajun said:
Nice pics. Always good to be outdoors. What's the reason for having four crossbars?
I never get tired of Derbyshire!

Four roofbars... I bought two from the dealer for £150 :eek: and was going to buy a rack to fit for luggage, then found and won two more on ebay for £2!!!! I thought they'd make a neat rack which is also lower for entering car parks.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Nice pics. It looks like a nice place to ride.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i think you car is damaged ,the wheel drive is broke,is on the right side...go to dealer quickly!!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
CrzCajun said:
I have four as well, The mega warrior was so large that I wanted the extra support if I carry a load.

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
whats the closest town?

I've been up in the peak district there. i've been up to matlock bath. where they have the sky tram up to the old abandoned lead mine. Heights of Abraham

i also lived in Derby for awhile. its a really cool area!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
4.7commander said:
whats the closest town?

I've been up in the peak district there. i've been up to matlock bath. where they have the sky tram up to the old abandoned lead mine. Heights of Abraham

i also lived in Derby for awhile. its a really cool area!
The nearest town is Sheffield where I live!! :D

This route is about 5 miles/ 15 mins from us and there are quite a few more local. The toughest is Stanage Edge but it needs a lift and mods to get across without damage.

Unfortunately there is a lot of pressure to close all these routes to vehicles from enviromental groups. This route dates from the 1700's as a turnpike road and has never been surfaced.

I used to work for the fire service in Derbyshire. I had to attend a broken unimog at the heights of abraham so drove up there in a land rover defender. Great day out!!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Shrek said:
After dragging the hitch across a few rocks today I'm going to look at removing the electrical connector from the hitch and just remove the hitch when I don't need it.

removing and reinstalling the hitch is easy enough once you know how:D it took me 45 minutes to fit my witter one after I worked out how to get it to sit where it needed. remove the plastic push nut clip things from the lower part of the rear bumper

I thought about it for wheeling and decided it was high enough

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
EURO COMMANDER JEEP said:
i think you car is damaged ,the wheel drive is broke,is on the right side...go to dealer quickly!!!!!
that was my first thought...the wheel was on the wrong side....then it hit me.....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
EURO COMMANDER JEEP said:
Lol :D just realised what you meant with cico's comment. I would be worried if the wheel was on the left when we have to sit on the right. :eek:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
drysuitdiver said:
removing and reinstalling the hitch is easy enough once you know how:D it took me 45 minutes to fit my witter one after I worked out how to get it to sit where it needed. remove the plastic push nut clip things from the lower part of the rear bumper

I thought about it for wheeling and decided it was high enough
Its more annoying than anything else scraping along at the rear.

I'm replacing the rear bumper so I'll have a look at where I can mount the electrics and the easiest way on and off.

I had wondered about a us hitch. Can I get a UK towball to fit a reciever?? and would it be legal here??

1 - 20 of 32 Posts