Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am starting a garage thread since i dont have one.

Here is a photo of my first commander. It was a 2006 3.7 sport.

It took me just about everywhere I wanted to go.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Even when it was stock it was awesome in the snow and on slippery roads!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
After i adds a lift and tires and a few mods, it got me even farther in to the winter country side.

And i used it for just about everything. This vehicle sold me on the commander!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Even though I loved the 06, i parted with my former Commander. I really liked it but the money was right and the deals were good....and i got a lot out of my old one so i pulled the trigger on a 2010 Limited. its load OTHER than the DVD player system...which we did not really need.

the trade off was that this was one of the few 2010 limited models with Quadra Drive II. that was my only stipulation...wasnt sure i would like black, but had to have QDII...and since it was not standard on 2010 models...i had to look around since most come with qt2......But no more 3.7L for me. it was a good model, i just was looking for bigger and better.

Link to a few more pics
http://picasaweb.google.com/ped4599/Commander10LimiteNEW?authkey=Gv1sRgCNze2bWfjq2kngE&feat=directlink

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my offroad tires today. I got 5 Maxxis Buckshot mudders in 265/70-17. I put them on the rims from Huey that i wont last year in Colorado.
Once i get the Lift and spacers on I will put them on and post a few pics.

Got the new tires home with out any of them touching the interior.

Now i just have to figure out what kind of a rim to get for the spare tire.....get a steel rim or try to find a matching JK rim.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wanted to go with Goodyear MTs but there was a special sale and I got these 5 tires for about half the price of 4 Goodyear MTs(kevlar). The tread seems pretty good. They are 8 ply supposedly, so they may be a bit rough riding but i am not worried about that too much.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well its no longer brand new.Got almost 600 mies on it. Went home for Easter to visit family in Iowa and had to leave the pavement. Did not go offroading, but had to drive on gravel and just getting to my family's farm is a small dose of offroad driving in its self.
I had to take a few "portraits" of the 2010 while it is still stock, since the lift is on the way.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everthing i ordered was on BACKORDER.
Rocky Rock road 2.25 was 4 weeks behind.
SpiderTrax 1.5 spacers were a few weeks behind.
The spacers finally came in and sat in the garage with the tires and rims till the lift showed up.
Here are the spacers I got.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Looks good. Now you have 4-low:stickpoke:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The lift finally came in and i took it to the dealer for the install and alignment.

It gained 2.25 inches in the back and almost 3 in the front.

here it is with the lift...

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I put the spacers on and the NEW Maxxis 265-70/17tires with the JK rims from last years camp XK.

It leveled it off and it turned out pretty well.

here is a shot of it with the lift, spacers and tires.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
That looks amazing. I really like your new Jeep!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Damn that looks nice! I hope I can fit something like that in my garage!

·
2,248 Posts
Hey... I like your wheels....and the Jeep looks great too. Nobody is going to have to pull you anywhere now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
looks awesome bro, can't wait to lift mine. Any clunk or any of those issues some of the others have been having with the spacer lift?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
looks awesome bro, can't wait to lift mine. Any clunk or any of those issues some of the others have been having with the spacer lift?
No clunking or anything. Its an all metal spacer in all four corners so it is solid.
This 2010 sat up higher to begin with than my 2006, probably cause of the heavy duty towing package.

I have a tiny bit of rubbing when i crank the wheel all the way to the side, but for the most part i have no issues so far. I have not left the pavement yet with this setup. I am sure there will be rubbing when the axles are flexed off road but it will probably be a minor issue.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Very nice!!! The search is on for a QDII for us too............:bowdown:

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Very nice!!! The search is on for a QDII for us too............:bowdown:
YES! Hold out for the QD2.

I have used all the 4wheel driver systems the commanders come with and i just got to do some testing the weekend...and there is no way to compare to the QD2.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got my roof rack on and took a few picts.
I now have 1,700 miles on it, so i decided it was time to get it out for some "testing"......well mostly i just wanted to get some dirt on it so that "new" feeling will go away and i can use it for what I bought it for!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts