Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search on this forum and found a thread on the Sprint throttle upgrade has anyone gave this one a try yet?

Mark

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I did a search on this forum and found a thread on the Sprint throttle upgrade has anyone gave this one a try yet?

Mark
I don't recall seeing this subject come up in the 2 years I've been here.

Maybe you can be the guinea pig Mark.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I've researched these a bit, and frankly I think it's a waste of money. Since the Hemi TB is drive by wire, all the controller does is adjust the response from the gas pedal. I personally don't feel any delay from my gas pedal, only delay in the transmission when I have to drop a gear or two. With the Superchips tuner's transmission adjustments, I find the lag much improved.

That being said, I haven't given it a shot, so I can't input on the actual effects. The eco mode does sound interesting, and would probably be more effective in slowing input down.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
The idea is this little box amplifies the signal (input or output) or tricks the PCM into open/closing the Drive-by-Wire (DBW) throttle faster.

I remember someone posting on this forum a while ago he got one of these devices for his Commander and loved it, much better throttle response.

Personally, I have a V6 4x4, and occasionally I find the throttle response to be a little lacking, so I could see one of these devices, if they work, making some improvements. The HEMI, I wouldn't be surprised the extra low end torque make the engine more responsive than the V6 and it doesn't really make a noticeable difference in the throttle response.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The idea is this little box amplifies the signal (input or output) or tricks the PCM into open/closing the Drive-by-Wire (DBW) throttle faster.

I remember someone posting on this forum a while ago he got one of these devices for his Commander and loved it, much better throttle response.

Personally, I have a V6 4x4, and occasionally I find the throttle response to be a little lacking, so I could see one of these devices, if they work, making some improvements. The HEMI, I wouldn't be surprised the extra low end torque make the engine more responsive than the V6 and it doesn't really make a noticeable difference in the throttle response.

The device you speak of Mongo might be the Sprint unit I found on the forum but that's the only one I found in my search. Being my Commander is the first DBW vehicle I've driven I do find the Hemi's throttle response a little lacking and needs improvement but the $299 cost of the Pedal Commander is a little intimidating .

Mark

·
Registered
13 Posts
I personally have one of these in my Commander. I originally bought one for my RAM and liked it so much that I got one for my Jeep as well. All I have to say is WOW these things are amazing. It changes the way the truck drives completely... There are some reviews online that are pretty good, I'll see if I can link one. But honestly, the Pedal Commander is the best mod I've done. You guys should def try one out. Pedal Commander - DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
https://www.pedalcommander.com/product-category/4-7l-v8-235-hp-jeep-commander-2006-2010/

I hesitantly went to pedalcommander's website - just because I don't like to arbitrarily dismiss anything without at least taking a look;

A couple of items that concern me right out of the gate;

They only list Commanders as (Gen 1) 2007-2010; the 2006 model year is not even listed;

When I select my engine which is a 2008 Flex Fuel 4.7L it shows it as putting out 235HP which is what the regular gas 4.7L put out - in 2006 & 2007. In 2008 the 4.7L jumped up to 305HP from the factory due to a redesigned intake and the addition of an extra spark plug per cylinder.

The fact that pedal commander's website doesn't reflect any changes at all for the 2008-2010 4.7L engines increased HP makes me question if they even have a product that is accurately designed & calibrated for my engine.

The price doesn't bother me at all - but the inaccurate information displayed on their website does.

I'm skeptical at best.

·
Registered
13 Posts
https://www.pedalcommander.com/product-category/4-7l-v8-235-hp-jeep-commander-2006-2010/

I hesitantly went to pedalcommander's website - just because I don't like to arbitrarily dismiss anything without at least taking a look;

A couple of items that concern me right out of the gate;

They only list Commanders as (Gen 1) 2007-2010; the 2006 model year is not even listed;

When I select my engine which is a 2008 Flex Fuel 4.7L it shows it as putting out 235HP which is what the regular gas 4.7L put out - in 2006 & 2007. In 2008 the 4.7L jumped up to 305HP from the factory due to a redesigned intake and the addition of an extra spark plug per cylinder.

The fact that pedal commander's website doesn't reflect any changes at all for the 2008-2010 4.7L engines increased HP makes me question if they even have a product that is accurately designed & calibrated for my engine.

The price doesn't bother me at all - but the inaccurate information displayed on their website does.

I'm skeptical at best.
Understandable. Maybe I'll try to call them and ask. But they do have a 14 day no questions asked money back refund. I'm telling you from personal experience that you will be pleasantly surprised.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Understandable. Maybe I'll try to call them and ask. But they do have a 14 day no questions asked money back refund. I'm telling you from personal experience that you will be pleasantly surprised.
I don't doubt that their product has worked well for you.

I would probably have to call the and get some clarification on why they have their listings the way the do and ask them some additional questions about my particular engine - since they don't have it listed.

I'll probably do that when I'm actually ready to buy one - which probably won't be before November, when I get back CONUS again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts