Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can those that have them post some photos please - as well as where you got them?

I would like to have a pair but am not certain how they attach - meaning I know some replace the brake pedal and just cover the accelerator pedal...

Do the ones that slip over the existing accelerator pedal change the level height compared to the brake pedal?

Thanks.

·
Registered
218 Posts
They replace the rubber brake pedals. Mine were a little bit of a bear to snap on but they fit perfectly. They are a nice mod

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
i had some on my Z. they were more of a pain in the ass then they were worth.

my foot was always slipping off. snow makes them slippery when you get in.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JeepRig said:
They replace the rubber brake pedals. Mine were a little bit of a bear to snap on but they fit perfectly. They are a nice mod
which ones did you get and did they change the brake pedal to accelerator pedal "height" at all - meaning since the accelerator is a slip on and the brake pedal a "replacement" does the brake pedal now stick out further that the accelerator pedal?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4.7commander said:
i had some on my Z. they were more of a pain in the ass then they were worth.

my foot was always slipping off. snow makes them slippery when you get in.:rolleyes:
i was always able to get a toe or two on one or two nibs of rubber in the ones in my VW - yes i agree

·
Registered
218 Posts
08XKLimited said:
which ones did you get and did they change the brake pedal to accelerator pedal "height" at all - meaning since the accelerator is a slip on and the brake pedal a "replacement" does the brake pedal now stick out further that the accelerator pedal?

I got the ones you see on ebay all the time for about $35. If you look under shinyhemi's for sale thread you can see them in his pic for the AC rings. He has the same set.

I got them about 2 weeks after I purchased the Xk in late 2006. So I wasn't driving the xk that long to feel a difference in the new pedals. I am almost postive the pedals that come with the xk were a hard rubber. They just come off and you snap the new pedals on. They are very solid, not like the pedal covers you you see on the market that wrap around the current pedal pad, which to me could eventually come loose.

I didn't notice any real depth difference in the pedal that effected the feel of the pedals.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JeepRig said:
They are very solid, not like the pedal covers you you see on the market that wrap around the current pedal pad, which to me could eventually come loose.
those are the ones i am looking at but it says that the accelerator pedal slips over the existing one. is this how yours fits? the brake pedal is a direct replacement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts