Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been eying the metal/sport pedal covers. my concern is that there is no matching dead pedal. or no stock dead pedal for that matter. for those with the pedal covers do you know if the srt8 or the chrysler/dodge srt's have a matching dead pedal that id be able to buy seperately?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
theres some factory ones on ebay. my concern again is getting a matching dead pedal. where i put my foot now is getting dirty

·
Banned
139 Posts
theres some factory ones on ebay. my concern again is getting a matching dead pedal. where i put my foot now is getting dirty
The factory slush mats have a strip that extends up where the dead pedal would be. You may want to consider that as an option along with the new pedals. That is what I am doing. I have the factory aluminum pedals, but have not put them in yet.

·
Banned
139 Posts
BTW, I realize I was replying to an old post. It was more of an FYI to anyone else reading the thread that might have the same question.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
I have the factory GC SRT8 pedals, and as far as I know, there is no dead pedal available. The only option would be to find one from another car and make it work! Gas pedal was easy, but the brake pedal was a pain in the butt to get on. They do look good, though! :eek:rangehat:

·
Banned
139 Posts
Installed my pedals this weekend. I confirm what others have stated. Gas pedal is a piece of cake (literally took less than 10 seconds). Brake pedal on the other hand is a biotch (took me about 15 minutes). I suggest having a pretty short regular head screwdriver handy. The wider the flat tip the better.

Also, a few recommendations for installing the brake pedal:

- I recommend slipping the top on first as it is easier to use the screwdriver as a lever to pop the bottom on. Much more difficult to do IMO from the top.

- Be sure to raise the pedals as much as possible in order to give your self enough room to work from underneath.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Also, a few recommendations for installing the brake pedal:

- I recommend slipping the top on first as it is easier to use the screwdriver as a lever to pop the bottom on. Much more difficult to do IMO from the top.

- Be sure to raise the pedals as much as possible in order to give your self enough room to work from underneath.
Also, spray the metal brake pedal pad and the inside of the rubber pedal "LIGHTLY" with PAM! Makes it somewhat easier, IMHO. :eek:rangehat:

·
Banned
139 Posts
Also, spray the metal brake pedal pad and the inside of the rubber pedal "LIGHTLY" with PAM! Makes it somewhat easier, IMHO. :eek:rangehat:
I actually did not do this; but I can imagine it would have been helpful.

But that's me, always forgetting the lube. :eek3:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts