Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!! :) I'm new to the forum and proud owner of an 08 Commander V6 (dont hate V8 guys, I like the deal I got.. LOL).

I started researching different sites and came across this particular forum. Initially mods weren't even considered for this vehicle, but I love cars and anything that involves performace, looks etc..First on the list which will be done this weekend are a nice set of HID's. Second I'm looking to get a Chip and CAI.. Any suggestions are welcomed.. I've already done some research but would love to hear what you guys have to say.

Thank you!! :icon_cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I would recommend a nice exhaust system, but since you only have a v6 its probablly not worth it. Haha jk.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Actually exhaust is a must imo, I think you will notice the most from dropping the water heater and getting a new muffler like a magnaflow or something to that extent. A few members have done this and love it.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Flowmaster 50 series SUV muffler FTW!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would recommend a nice exhaust system, but since you only have a v6 its probablly not worth it. Haha jk.
There always has to be "that guy!".. LOL :lol:

Thanks for the info.. How about a chip?? I've researched the JET brand, but would like to know what else is out there. Anyone have a Gibson Exhaust??

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
How about a chip?? I've researched the JET brand, but would like to know what else is out there. Anyone have a Gibson Exhaust??
I have the Jet Stage II chip, AEM Brute Force CAI & Gibson exhaust. IMHO it is the best performance package you can put together. Keep in mind you will suck gas big time but the ride is a blast and I can shoot up any hill I want.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have the Jet Stage II chip, AEM Brute Force CAI & Gibson exhaust. IMHO it is the best performance package you can put together. Keep in mind you will suck gas big time but the ride is a blast and I can shoot up any hill I want.
Are these same items available for the V6...? That's what the OP was asking about. I see in your sig you've got the Hemi, 49er.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Are these same items available for the V6...? That's what the OP was asking about. I see in your sig you've got the Hemi, 49er.
V6, best performance upgrade I can recommend then is to get a V-8 :rofl:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
V6, best performance upgrade I can recommend then is to get a V-8 :rofl:
Keep them coming! :)

I use the car daily so I really don't want my gas to be "sucked up". I'm looking to upgrade but keeping the fuel consumption in mind. The Jet stage 1 looks good and probably a Gibson Exhaust. Does Mopar make one for the V6?

I live in FL sooooo... Unless I take a road trip there will be no mountains to conquer over here.. Maybe with the way some people drive around here I'll end up going over cars.. LOL J/K :rofl:

·
Registered
178 Posts
IMHO, for performance upgrades you need to get a CAI, Exhaust and Chip/Programmer. If money is an issue and you can't do all three at once, I would say they should go in order of exhaust, CAI, chip (anyone else?)

Slainte,
O'C

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
IMHO, for performance upgrades you need to get a CAI, Exhaust and Chip/Programmer. If money is an issue and you can't do all three at once, I would say they should go in order of exhaust, CAI, chip
That is the way I would go as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts