Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm finally going to install my 4xGuard Matrix this weekend, I can't wait, and I'm already thinking ahead of what auxillary lighting system to mount on the guard. I'd like to look for auxillary lights in black, that are about 5" or 6", are bright but not blinding, and that could be used around the city for night time driving. I have narrowed it down to 3 options and need your opinion or suggestions. The 3 I was looking into were the PIAA 540 Series driving lights, the KC Slimlight Black driving lights, or the KC Daylighters in black. What would you guys suggest? Do you own any of these? Which would be better and why?

I'm leaning more towards the PIAAs right now because I know they make good products and I like the look of their protective covers.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
PIAA 540 Series driving lights
I have these tucked behind my grill. They are quite bright. KC's are nice but you are paying for the name.
My light bar has 2 KC Highlighters and 2 Eagle Eyes. They use the same 150W bulbs. Same metal, slightly
different wire connections, Eagle Eye cost less. $80 for the 2.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have these tucked behind my grill. They are quite bright. KC's are nice but you are paying for the name.
My light bar has 2 KC Highlighters and 2 Eagle Eyes. They use the same 150W bulbs. Same metal, slightly
different wire connections, Eagle Eye cost less. $80 for the 2.
Can you post pics of your setup behind the grill? I'd like to see what it looks like since I was thinking of doing something similar.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I dont think its the PIAA 540's I like. I think its the 525's or something that have the white long range high beam and plasma ion yellow low for fog. They are the perfect 2 in 1 lights I think.

I really like lightforce though. They are my new favorite with interchangeable covers to change colors and even beam patterns. Also a wide range of sizes.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet install Cico and thanks for the suggestions so far guys. I think I still like the PIAA 540 series so far unless people suggest they aren't any good.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Have you looked at the PIAA 520 ATP's ? (they advertise 80=135 watts Xtreme White, 40deg pattern)

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
By the way, the lights in the install pics are not the PIAA lights. They were
the first Walmart light i installed. I replaced them with the PIAA.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you looked at the PIAA 520 ATP's ? (they advertise 80=135 watts Xtreme White, 40deg pattern)
I just looked them up and I like that option as well, thanks!

·
Registered
241 Posts
By the way, the lights in the install pics are not the PIAA lights. They were
the first Walmart light i installed. I replaced them with the PIAA.
Nice setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts