Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for pics of a non lifted XK (not JK) with Moabs and some 245/75 17's.

Picked up a set of JK Rubicon take offs for 100 bones this weekend and trying to decide what to do.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Looking for pics of a non lifted JK with Moabs and some 245/75 17's.

Picked up a set of JK Rubicon take offs for 100 bones this weekend and trying to decide what to do.
You want pics of a JK or a XK ?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
edited title to reflect "XK"

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone has the Moabs on an unlifted Commander. Most guys who've bought the Moabs also did it for the 255/75 BFG Mud Terrains that came on the Rubicons, which won't quite fit on an unlifted XK. The best you may get is pictures of rigs with that combo on a 2 or 3 inch lift. Personally, I like the Moab rims better than any of the rim choices that come on an XK so I'm sure whatever tire you end up with, you'll like the look with the Moab's. One quick note before you mount up the new tires - the 17" JK Moabs will not clear the front calipers on an '06 XK without wheel spacers. (They actually will if your front brake pads are almost worn out, but with the installation of new pads, you'd likely be frustrated to find out your fronts won't bolt back up). There is a ridge cast into the inside diameter of the Moabs that will rub the caliper. Just so's you knows.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure if anyone has the Moabs on an unlifted Commander. Most guys who've bought the Moabs also did it for the 255/75 BFG Mud Terrains that came on the Rubicons, which won't quite fit on an unlifted XK. The best you may get is pictures of rigs with that combo on a 2 or 3 inch lift. Personally, I like the Moab rims better than any of the rim choices that come on an XK so I'm sure whatever tire you end up with, you'll like the look with the Moab's. One quick note before you mount up the new tires - the 17" JK Moabs will not clear the front calipers on an '06 XK without wheel spacers. (They actually will if your front brake pads are almost worn out, but with the installation of new pads, you'd likely be frustrated to find out your fronts won't bolt back up). There is a ridge cast into the inside diameter of the Moabs that will rub the caliper. Just so's you knows.

Thanks for the info. I really have no intentions on lifting my Commander at this time. My TJ is my trail rig although my XK gets offroad then most Commanders. I just want to get off the blingy blingy's that are the XK now and I couldnt pass up the price on the Moabs.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I think with spacers you can run the rims but you will have to swap out for a standard tire unless you lift it. The rims will not fit withour spacers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts