Jeep Commander Forum banner

Pics from my trip to the power plant

4K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  BoilerCommander 
#1 · (Edited)
So I had to go do some work up at the power plant .. it's not really that far from here, but especialy in the spring the trail up there is pretty rough :)

It takes about an hour and fifteen mintes to get back .. here's some pics!

Here's on on a seanic spot on the trail .. only in a Jeep :)

Here's a nice mud bog .. I basicly idled through it.

And a water fording .. this one is deepr than it looks a full 24" on the driver side .. I gave it a bit of gas near the middle but the QDII laughed it off ... no sweat

Here a shot from the bottom of a rough downhill climb wit the Commander hiding way back there.

There ws lots of rock rawling too ... the Commander did not scrape on the rocks like other vehicles have done in this shot

Comtinued in next post

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Great pics, wish I could find holes like that here!

#6 · (Edited)
Pics from my trip to the power plant second page

There was lots of wildlife on the trail but most were too quick for my cammera here's a painted turtle just before he jumped off the log he was sunning himself on.

I'm right near the end of the trail here, there was some loose rock to play on .. too bad I was on my own, an assistant would have been great for some action shots

This section reminds me of films I've seen of the bayou, all green covered water and moss everywhere.

Ok "end of the trail" (for everyone else) I'm "authorized" and have a key :)

One more post left to go ........

Fixed up thoses pics .. I'm learning :) .. if the thumb nails donlt show up it seems the pics won't ... I accidentaly closed the "manage attachments" window beore I hit submit I guess

Attachments

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
All red x's except the last one.

#10 ·
A little more rock crawling then the trail opens up to a sort of "civilization"

I think the Commander fits right in with the heavy equipment I had to dodge around to get to the dam .. this stuff it floated down the river on a huge barge to get to the site.

The water is NOISY and a little bit scary .. thoses guard rails are not desigedtot stop a car either :( there's a big sign that say "No Vehicle Traffic" before the dam entrance. but no way am I walking all that distance :)

and some section have no railing at all ... here's one of the buildings I had to work on .. besides a hydro electric dam, there's also lift lock so boats can by pass the rapids and water fall .. that's what these huge gates are

Attachments

#11 ·
Is that a magnetic yellow light? That should be my next mod. Looks like a great time! I think you need some additional "Commander Assistants." I'll volunteer.

#12 ·
Is that a magnetic yellow light? That should be my next mod. Looks like a great time! I think you need some additional "Commander Assistants." I'll volunteer.

Just remember the bug spray :)

Yes it's just a magnetic light, I use it for the odd time I do road side emergincies .. Iput it on for this trip to look more 'official' .. it was surp[risingly busy up at the dam and I had to stop and talk to a few guys to let them know why I was up there ...

... there's 4 or 5 different government agencies that use the trail and manage the resourses at the dam, and only "Parks Canada" knew I was coming

#13 ·
I think with a yellow light and an "Authorized Vehicle" magnet, I could go anywhere!

#15 ·
The ground is solid underneath it's pretty rocky ... I just idled through the muddiest one, (it was down hill on the way there too), I left it in 4HI and the ESD on the whole time and let the QDII do the work.

My main fear was I no spare tire ... there's free use crown land on a lot of the trial and people go camping wich means lots of broken glass etc all over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.