1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I don't like the new steering wheel (blah design, not a fan of stalk based cruise controls) or the new wood trim (looks too much like alligator skin) or the new barrel-like center console design (also the fact that it lost eight of the allen head bolts kind of makes the other ones look out of place).

I do like the darker color interior (will be easier to keep clean for the daily driver), do like the hill descent control, do like the MyGig system, etc.

A mix of likes and don't likes.

·
Super Moderator
15,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
db_ohio said:
A limited without the rear grab bars. Are they extra or not available?
They were only standard on the 2006 models--optional on 2007s. So I assume they are continuing with the option.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I like the interior redesign, it cleans it up a lot. I like stalk mounted cruise controls, allows for one-finger operation. I also like the back-lit gauges in the daytime, makes them easier to see, plus the color is easier on the eyes.

I'm surprised that they're already doing discounts on the 2008s since they just came out.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I really like the new interior color, thats what I would have had in mine if would have been available. I guess jeep does listen. I sent Customer service a letter about all the problems we had had with that light color interior on mine. Is that interior color availble in a overland?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
rwmorrisonjr said:
I like the interior redesign, it cleans it up a lot. I like stalk mounted cruise controls, allows for one-finger operation.
I guess it is a matter of opinion but the old button design allows you to use the cruise without removing your hand from the wheel, and to me you would use the cruise buttons more than the evic buttons.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
cc1999 said:
I really like the new interior color, thats what I would have had in mine if would have been available. I guess jeep does listen. I sent Customer service a letter about all the problems we had had with that light color interior on mine. Is that interior color availble in a overland?
I haven't had a problem with the light color (of course my seats and center console are Saddle Brown). I do like the new color too though.

·
Super Moderator
15,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rubicontrail.net said:
I guess it is a matter of opinion but the old button design allows you to use the cruise without removing your hand from the wheel, and to me you would use the cruise buttons more than the evic buttons.
That's exactly the way I feel about it.

·
Super Moderator
15,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I prefer the contrasting colors in the 06 and 07 models to the monotone in the 08. I think the light contrasting with the dark gives a more upscale look. The light color is harder to keep clean but looks more elegant--JMO.

·
Registered
64 Posts
jeep5253 said:
I prefer the contrasting colors in the 06 and 07 models to the monotone in the 08.
Agreed, the 2-tone dash gives the interior more class.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
wns808 said:
Agreed, the 2-tone dash gives the interior more class.
I agree... love mine! I guess however there were complaints by some about keeping the light color clean so it makes sense that they changed it. Too bad they don't offer either choice.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'll take the older style...Not because that is what I have I truly think it has more style. Now for just off-roading the darker colors are better. I like my 06. As for discounting the 2008 they put themselves in a bad position by announcing the demise of the Commander line. I don't think they have a choice.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Looks like they also replaced the cheap-feeling hand brake...

·
Registered
437 Posts
db_ohio said:
I'll take the older style...Not because that is what I have I truly think it has more style. Now for just off-roading the darker colors are better. I like my 06. As for discounting the 2008 they put themselves in a bad position by announcing the demise of the Commander line. I don't think they have a choice.
DC never had formally announced that the Commander would be discontinued. That has always been rumored. It is agreed that something will change with the Grand Cherokee and Commander platform at the end of it's current life cycle in or around 2009-10.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is an 08 on eBay from a dealer in Indiana- McGonigal: Buick, Cadillac, Jeep. Kokomo, IN
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-LIMITED-4X4-5-7L-HEMI-NAVIGATION-DVD-MSRP-43-439_W0QQitemZ300141383412QQihZ020QQcategoryZ133213QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Buy it Now Price: $35,402
MSRP: $43,439
Less Bonus CASH $1,000 AND $2,000 Jeep Rebate --

Why would anyone buy an 07 now?

Odd, you have to pay Indiana sales tax on the purchase regardless of where you live...I wonder if an out of stater would have to pay sales tax TWICE?

·
Super Moderator
15,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ahurst said:
There is an 08 on eBay from a dealer in Indiana- McGonigal: Buick, Cadillac, Jeep. Kokomo, IN
This is the same vehicle that I posted a link to in the very first post of this thread. They changed the price (it went up) but it has the same VIN, same miles, same pics, etc.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
RedCommander said:
No you wouldn't
No, you only pay tax in the state you reside. Typically you have 30 days to pay it after you purchase the vehicle. At least that's the way it worked for my parents in NY. The Jeep dealership they get their Jeeps from used to be across the border in PA. The dealer now moved over to the NY side so they don't have to worry about it any more.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts