Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should start by disclosing that mine is a Grand Cherokee, 2wd Limited CRD! I bought it used with 7500 miles at a local used car dealer in Southern California.

below is suspension mods:

Lift height: 2.25" all around
Lift Brand: RR
Shocks: Bilstein struts rear, OEM front
Rims: Stock imited
Rim Size: Stock Limited
Tire Brand: BFG Mud Terrain
Tire Size: 255/75/17
Spacers: No
If Yes - Spacer Brand: N/A
Spacer Size: N/A"
Any wheel well rubbing issues: Yes, a little bit at lock to lock.
% of highway/offroad driving: 70%/30%
Overall rating of your lift: I love the height and feel of the GC lifted. So far, does very well everywhere.....

Additional mods include:
HID Kit low beams (which I sell btw)
JL Audio stealthbox
JL Audio 250/1
REC Nav added (Only option it did not have)
35% Tinted windows

Pics off road, out chasing for our Class 1/2-1600

Dropped the air down to 15 psi, and we were floating on the sand!

My brothers FJ and I:

One more:

The buggy we chased for:

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Nice Jeep! I really wanted the CRD Cherokee but i didnt want to pay that much money for the 4x4 model. How good is the cherokee in the sand with only 2wd?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
That looks sweet. Are you having the same problems as us XK owners in finding aftermarket parts for it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks on the compliments....I love the CRD! Very little aftermarket for it, but thats ok....we can get creative. I have a freind of mine who fabricates thinking about doing some pre run style light bars for the front....

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Love the look and stance. I have a buddy who has a WK, white just like yours. I just sent him a pic of yours, just to further convince him that he needs to lift it. :)

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Nice, really wish the XK had that diesel. Maybe I'll trade for the leftover 2007 my dealer had on the last time I was there when the XK's in for the H19 recall on Saturday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts