Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the cover off my engine today and found a hose under it that was not connected to anything. I don't know where this hose goes too because I can't find a picture of the engine without the cover on it. Any help with be appreciated. I can get a picture if you need it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It connects to the plastic nipple seen in the same image you posted. It goes just to the driver side and a few inches down from the oil cap. The hose feeds from the air filter box, under the intake plenum, to the oil reservoir if memory recalls. Under the plenum on a 2008 it actually undergoes a few hose size changes you can't see without removing the plenum.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I didn't go into my engine bay that hose would still be disconnected. And I didn't want to just connect it to the first hole I saw.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Leaving that hose off for a little bit wouldn't have hurt you anyway really. All it does is allow fumes from the hot oil be redirected to your intake to be burned off.

On old cars like a 60's chevy that was running way too hot (nothing back then ran near as hot as cars do today), you'd just see the oil smoking through what would act like an overflow tube.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts