Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me awhile but i think i finally figured it out... Hopefully when i send this post you will see before and after pics of my Commander. Installed a 2in Rough Country lift and added 265/70/17 and i love it! I need wheel spacers and the installer recommended 1.75in spacers... so those are on order..

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
It took me awhile but i think i finally figured it out... Hopefully when i send this post you will see before and after pics of my Commander. Installed a 2in Rough Country lift and added 265/70/17 and i love it! I need wheel spacers and the installer recommended 1.75in spacers... so those are on order..
Your pictures posted fine & your Commander looks good.

Please do me a favor @omarcoz and read the below thread completely before you ask - or post, any more forum related questions:

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/89-new-member-section/63025-required-reading-new-member-introduction-post-other-important-new-member-info.html

I'm also moving this thread to the proper Picture/Media Post sub-forum, it does not belong in the new member section.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Just took advantage of a beautiful weekend and no wife and kids! went outside and did a thorough cleaning plus wax. it was a pain but totally worth it.
Looks good.....what part of VA are you from?

I'm in Norfolk for another 10 days or so.....

Why are your 4x4 & Limited emblems so high up on the tail gate??

That looks kind of odd.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
legofan, thank you for the compliment. I have a rough country 2in spacer lift. I was able to fit 265/70/17 with a 1.5in wheel spacer.

Blue, I'm in williamsburg. As far as the emblems you are correct, it does look odd and it was my first thought when i saw it back in february when i purchased it... Even though the carfax came back clean on it the only guess that i have is that it had to be replaced either because of an accident or they just fell off.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
legofan sorry buddy i mis-typed. i have 1.75 in spacers. The guy at the jeep dealer said those would do best even though i told him that most guys top out at 1.5in I guess every jeep must be a little different, like guys needing other mods.. Anyway i plan to get rims (not any time soon) to get those spacers off.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
legofan, sorry buddy i mis-typed. I have 1.75in spacers. The guy at the jeep dealer said they would be best even though i told him most guys have 1.5. I guess every Commander is a tad bit different which is why some need different mods.. Anyway my goal is to get new rims (not anytime soon) to get those spacers off

·
Registered
301 Posts
legofan sorry buddy i mis-typed. i have 1.75 in spacers. The guy at the jeep dealer said those would do best even though i told him that most guys top out at 1.5in I guess every jeep must be a little different, like guys needing other mods.. Anyway i plan to get rims (not any time soon) to get those spacers off.
Eh, what's a 1/4 inch among friends?

Rims, spacers....same difference

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Same lift and tires that I have...I think they are a pretty sweet combo!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm sure you could badjuju, you would probably just have to make sure you have the right rim for it. backspacing and offset and all that stuff. Im learning more and more from these forums myself.

·
Registered
31 Posts
legofan, thank you for the compliment. I have a rough country 2in spacer lift. I was able to fit 265/70/17 with a 1.5in wheel spacer.

Blue, I'm in williamsburg. As far as the emblems you are correct, it does look odd and it was my first thought when i saw it back in february when i purchased it... Even though the carfax came back clean on it the only guess that i have is that it had to be replaced either because of an accident or they just fell off.
Hey @Big Blue you've been MIA for last couple of days so not sure if you saw my response

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Hey @Big Blue you've been MIA for last couple of days so not sure if you saw my response
Yep @omarcoz, I've been in school this last week and haven't been on the forum as much as a result.

I see it now though, I think Williamsburg is at least a couple of hours away from me, correct?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts