Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck monitoring the trans temp PID using a iOS app? I’ve read somewhere that Chrysler keeps there PIDs under lock and key.

·
Registered
338 Posts
My Diablo intune allows monitoring of the trans temp but I don't know what the pid would be. I just select trans temp and add it the the list of monitored pids.... No I'd is given. You may be able to find something on their forums.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Has anyone had any luck monitoring the trans temp PID using a iOS app? I’ve read somewhere that Chrysler keeps there PIDs under lock and key.
I have been able to read Transmission temp on our 2006, 4.7L V8, 4x4 Commander. It wasn't easy to set up, but I eventually got a custom PID working in the Torque Pro app.

My tablet is in the Jeep, with my wife, running errands today. When she gets back tonight, or maybe tomorrow, I'll dig into it and get you the exact settings I used.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Back as promised, but a little late.

These directions are for Torque Plus, and this PID works on our 2006 Jeep Commander 4.7L V8, 545RFE trans, 4wd. The other published PIDs don't work on this vehicle.

1. Open the Torque Pro app
  2. Click the settings (gear) icon, select "Settings"
  3. Select "Manage extra PIDS/Sensors
  4. Click the "More" in the upper right corner and select "Add Custom PID. Click "OK" to continue.
  5. Here's the data for the new PID:
    • ODB2 Mode and PID (in hex....) 2118
    • Long name: [Jeep XK/WK] Transmission Fluid Temperature
    • Short name: TFT
    • Minimum value: 0
    • Maximum value: 250 (that's what I used)
    • Scale factor: x1
    • Unit type: {leave blank}
    • Equation: ((A*256)+b)/64
    • OBD Header to use: 7E1
    • Diagnostic start command: {leave blank}
    • Diagnostic stop command: {leave blank}
    • Overrides PID: Does not override any PID.
    Obviously don't enter anything in the entries marked "{leave blank}"
  6. With the Jeep running and connected to Torque, you can click the "Test" button and make sure it works.
  7. When you have everything correct, click "OK."
You can then add a gauge/display for the TFT, just add it like any other gauge and scroll down to the [Jeep XK/WK] Transmission Fluid Temperature PID to select it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
update

Anyone else get this to work?

The settings above did not work for me.

I removed the header based on some comments on other forums and was successful reading trans fluid temp.

Updates highlighted below...

These directions are for Torque Plus, and this PID works on our 2006 Jeep Commander 4.7L V8, 545RFE trans, 4wd. The other published PIDs don't work on this vehicle.

1. Open the Torque Pro app
  2. Click the settings (gear) icon, select "Settings"
  3. Select "Manage extra PIDS/Sensors
  4. Click the "More" in the upper right corner and select "Add Custom PID. Click "OK" to continue.
  5. Here's the data for the new PID:
    • ODB2 Mode and PID (in hex....) 2118
    • Long name: [Jeep XK/WK] Transmission Fluid Temperature
    • Short name: TFT
    • Minimum value: 0
    • Maximum value: 250 (that's what I used)
    • Scale factor: x1
    • Unit type: {leave blank}
    • Equation: ((A*256)+b)/64
    • OBD Header to use: {leave blank}
    • Diagnostic start command: {leave blank}
    • Diagnostic stop command: {leave blank}
    • Overrides PID: Does not override any PID.
    Obviously don't enter anything in the entries marked "{leave blank}"
  6. With the Jeep running and connected to Torque, you can click the "Test" button and make sure it works.
  7. When you have everything correct, click "OK."
You can then add a gauge/display for the TFT, just add it like any other gauge and scroll down to the [Jeep XK/WK] Transmission Fluid Temperature PID to select it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
after running for day, operating temp seems to be 160 DegF for a 30mi drive to work. Does that sound normal? ~60 degF ambient temps...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts