total 57.97

i also got a 10% military discount
so it was 52.17 plus tax

heres a pic:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
That is actually quite impressive, good job!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I know it's probablly to early to tell but have you noticed any increase in performance/gas mileage?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks not yet I haven't reset my pcm yet but I will tomorrow and see if there's gain I'm also going to port the throttle body and intake manifold also put on a magnaflow muffler also going to eventully powder coat the tube like a dark silver color

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
With a couple more pieces you can replace that big box on top of the engine too. That is just a noise dampener with a 90 degree bend in it. Even with the box in place it looks very good. Nice work.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
That turned out pretty good. Nice job!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nomotivgirl,

Are the two screws that I highlighted functional?

(click for larger image)
john.jpg

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
809 Posts
Yeah you can unscrew it
So is it a single tube from the Hemiholitz box to the air filter, or, as I expect, separate pieces that you fit together to accept the vacuum hose?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice work!! :)
Now all you need to do is fit a baffle of sorts (maybe out of sheet metal or plastic) to isolate all that hot engine compartment air from the filter.....a project for another day!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Nice work!! :)
Now all you need to do is fit a baffle of sorts (maybe out of sheet metal or plastic) to isolate all that hot engine compartment air from the filter.....a project for another day!!
That's what I was going to ask. It looks AWESOME--GREAT job, but isn't the fact that it isn't shelided from the hot air (like the Airaid, etc. kits are) going to sort of defeat the purpose of the added/open airflow?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts