Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Irealize it is late notice...Sunday the 15th a few buddies of mine and I are headed to the Pine Barrens for a run. Anyone interested PMme and I will give you my number so we can meet up. :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Count me IN on this trip. I just can't help myself but to get out in the pines. PM sent.

Also, do you know your way around the pine barrens? There are two spots that are best to meet at. Either Batstow, that is off of the main highway, or the most popular spot is the ranger station at Atsion.

Another edit: Do you have a plan for what time you will be starting out? The weather should be fairly nice so an early start might not be a bad idea. Not to mention that it gets dark fairly early. The Pine Barrens is the kind of area you do not want to be in when it gets dark. It is easy to get lost in the day time (ask those that I have led) and after dark it is even harder to navigate.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PM Sent back...Not sure about times yet should know by say thursday...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump for anyone still wanting to join us...

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Any more news on this trip? With all the rain it should be good and muddy!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like at least me and another guy heading up He has a CJ7 and was up there last weekend...we will probably know more about others tomorrow...unfortunately we dont have any communication with them until face to face tomorrow...I was thinking 9-930 will be good...depending on when I can drop the little one off to his grandmothers...I will call you tommorrow when I have a definate?...and atsion looks like a good place to meet!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Sounds good to me. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
time change 930-1000...the group from the show is meeting to start riding atabout 10am...

BTW...The XK placed First in its category at the show...yippie!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts