Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

So who has had the privilege of getting pinstriped while on a trail?:eek: How hard was it to rub out or fix?

Chuck

·
2,248 Posts
I got Arizona pinstripping the first time out. Mostly it just was in the clearcoat and rubbed out easily.

The road rash that I got from pushing over the tree to turn around when Phunkeydude broke would have required touch up paint if I had not covered it with bed liner.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Chicks and wheelers think battle scars are cool.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HueyPilotVN said:
I got Arizona pinstripping the first time out. Mostly it just was in the clearcoat and rubbed out easily.

The road rash that I got from pushing over the tree to turn around when Phunkeydude broke would have required touch up paint if I had not covered it with bed liner.
Huey,
What did you use to rub it out?

·
2,248 Posts
As long as it is just the clearcoat you can use your favorite cleaner/wax. The clearcoat turns white when scratched but returns to clear with a rub out. If it is deeper then you might need a rubbing compound, but use it carefully and probably with a hand rub instead of using a buffer unless you know how to avoid too much pressure.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I have soooooo much Arizona Pin striping it is unbelievable. I did purchase a buffer from Harbor Freight but have not used it yet. It looks like it is limited to the clear coat.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Had a lot on my ZJ, but never attempted to fix it. It was a "JEEP" in all aspects. :)

Now, the Commander... no scratches. If there were, they'd be waxed immediately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts