Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my Pintlers in last night, had them installed tonight and the truck realigned. They look so much better, tucked in under the fenders just the way I like them. Plus they don't rub anymore! Now I can replace the fender liners! Took one crappy cell phone pic, will get some better ones tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
That looks great! They go very well with the color of your XK.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, these are the closeout wheels. I'm so glad I got them, they're what I wanted and give the truck a fresh new look.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Those look great! Couple of questions:
You said no more rubbing? Did the Blitz wheels I sold you rub? And what size tires did we do on those again?
What size tires are on the AEV wheels?

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, the Blitz wheels didn't, but the ones I replaced them with did. The wheels didn't rub, but the backspacing/offset pushed them out far enough that the tire would rub the pinch weld. The Pintlers have the right backspacing so the tires don't hit the pinch weld. Still running P265/70R17s on them, same as before.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would like to know what offset the wheels that rubbed were.

So, in other words, having the +25mm offset with a 265/70-17 does NOT rub?!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
So, in other words, having the +25mm offset with a 265/70-17 does NOT rub?!
Dude! let it go. You don't have to be right, you just have to give your opinion and let others decide who's advice to follow.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Adam, he's a buddy of mine who runs a Discount Tire store in Denver, so he's trying to get some good info.

Storm, yes, on a 17x8.5 wheel with +25mm offset.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Dude! let it go. You don't have to be right, you just have to give your opinion and let others decide who's advice to follow.

Just clarifying for my own info.

Really like the looks of those, now if should return the wheels I just bought.........

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Looks good.. Did you go to NTB or Merchants for mounting?

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NTB off Edsall, they knew what I needed done without a lot of explanation, so they got my business.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Have to say - I'm glad you're not in Castle Rock anymore since I just ordered the same wheels - won't feel as bad when we drive up from the Springs to Denver in almost the exact same vehicle, on the outside at least. Looks good!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have to say - I'm glad you're not in Castle Rock anymore since I just ordered the same wheels - won't feel as bad when we drive up from the Springs to Denver in almost the exact same vehicle, on the outside at least. Looks good!
Thanks, that's too funny! Strangely, I never saw you driving around town!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Thanks, that's too funny! Strangely, I never saw you driving around town!
The only time we stopped in Castle Rock was either for my daughters soccer games at the fair grounds or at the Outlet stores on the way back from games in Denver - I was always on the lookout though. My Pintler's are getting installed on the 23rd, so I'll post pics of your twin then.

·
Registered
127 Posts
So, when are we gonna see more pics?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Anymore pics RW - I want to see what my XK is going to look like here in a week or so :) My Pintler's come in tomorrow, but we leave for AZ on Friday morning, so I have to wait until the 23rd to get them installed - any issues or problems with the new wheels?

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry, haven't had time to get some. Will take some this weekend if the weather's good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts