Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the XK and the wifey out to Mt. Charleston today. Neither one of them got dirty, lol, but it was fun nonetheless. On the couple of occasions I left the road for the ice and snow I never lost traction for a second even tho I stayed in hi. What did kind of suck was I still had the clunking that was GODAWFUL on the uneven paths, etc., going UP the mountain roads I found it very difficult to reach speeds over 50 mph., even tho in 3rd. gear, and on the way down, when I picked up speed and had to apply the brakes at around 60-70 mph., my steering wheel would shimmy and I could hear the tread on the tires vibrate. All in all it was a good afternoon.

And these were just the occupants of a nearby car I thought were funny.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Awsome pics! You should have attempted that hill climb in the first pic. Haha jk :)

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Nice pics. Can't wait for it to snow here.........

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Yeah, we had a pretty good time. And yeah, that hill was STEAP---moreso than the pic showed. The pics came out decent for being cell-phone pics, IMO.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Looks like someone was having fun!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like someone was having fun!
Yep, we had a good time. She would have sooner left the XK before leaving her Starbucks Americano. She jammed it in the ice on the way up the hill and succesfully retrieved it on the way down, lol. She just started her diet for this season coming and those are the only things that keep her going when she gets tired these days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts