Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sept 6th/7th, 2008 - Camping/wheeling trip - GWNF, VA

((Didn't know where else to post this. Moderator: please move if needed))

Wanted to get the ball rolling on this one. I had mentioned in other posts about wanting to try to get a bunch of us together for a weekend (or for those who can come for the day, or just a night, have at it!) getaway.

With all the National Forests around Virginia come tons of fire roads for public use. All "fire roads" are maintained so that your average everyday vehicles can pass them fine, but also, for those willing, there are also plenty of "challenging" trails to enjoy.

That being said, I wanted to see who all might be interested in this. Camping, hiking, and good ol' Jeep hanging out.

We'll figure out exact location and dates as more people get interested.

**Edit: Date decided. Sept 6th/7th, 2008.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am up for it, camping and all. In 3 weeks I'll be down in the GWNF for a trip too. I am syched about taking the xk out. It has been a long time since I wheeled a stock vehicle.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Well since I'm sitting at my computer and I have my work schedule in Outlook through next year......I'm off the whole weekend....count me in!!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
You can definitely count me in also.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would be interested as well but September is full of wheeling trips in VA. the VAFWDA annual run at Oak Ridge is in mid September and Big Dogs in Gore VA is in late September. i will let you know those dates when i know them for sure. Why dont we start out hooking up at Camp Jeep at Oak Ridge. Jeep should be announcing the dates any day now.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I called Camp Jeep a few days ago and they said that it will be 24 - 26 July. I plan on going.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Big dogs is September 19. 20 and 21. Annual run should be the following weekend which is the 26. 27. 28th.

You should check out the United Four Wheel Drive Wheel-in that is going down in April at Oak Ridge. you can find it at www.ufwda.org I will be wheeling the TJ at Big dogs Ice Breaker in early April so i will not be able to pull two wheeling trips in the same month but the wheel-in should be a great time. you can go fairly stock and have a ball. it is at the same site as Camp Jeep.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wkfore: I'm considering going to that UFWDA event at Oak Ridge. I have a flyer hanging up on the wall here in the office. Ha.

Now, BACK ON TOPIC... :)

How about the first weekend in September (6th/7th)?

How's that work for everyone?

·
Registered
94 Posts
sciron4x4 said:
wkfore: I'm considering going to that UFWDA event at Oak Ridge. I have a flyer hanging up on the wall here in the office. Ha.

Now, BACK ON TOPIC... :)

How about the first weekend in September (6th/7th)?

How's that work for everyone?
I would be in, if i get wife approval of course. thats a lot of camping and wheeling for one month. put me down as a maybe.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Count me in.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
jeep63 said:
In 3 weeks I'll be down in the GWNF for a trip too. I am syched about taking the xk out. It has been a long time since I wheeled a stock vehicle.
Are you going alone or with a group?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Found the spot. It's undeveloped camping, but puts us in a perfect spot for several trail choices. Should be fun. And if anyone wants to bring a trailer, there is parking at the trailhead.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts