Jeep Commander Forum banner

Should I plasti-dip away, or keep it stock?

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've got a Limited, with a lot of CHROME. Not a big fan of chrome, especially on 4wds. So in order to appease the wife by not making any permanent alterations, I figure I will plasti dip my chrome away. While I'm at it, I might some other things too. So i'm thinking true metallic aluminum plasti dip on the wheels, and then like charcoal or black on the fenders, decals, door handles, and grill. The pictures show what it looks like now, and the basic idea of after. Opinions, please.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I saw the red one in the forums. I'm just not sure it will look the same on mine with the white. I'm thinking about maybe just doing the new Rubicon wheels, and calling it a day. The chrome wheels are my primary dislike about stock.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Although more expensive than Plasti-Dip, and I'm sure those that have done major components in plati-dip will tell us it wasn't all that cheap, I want to vinyl wrap my Commander.

Body in Matte Drab Olive Green and the Fender Flares, Chrome Grill and Door Rub Strips in Black Carbon Fiber.

Of course I will need to black out the wheels and headlamps.

By black out of the headlamps, I mean remove the clear cover and paint the silver body black or at least black chrome.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'd love to do a straight trade of my "platinum" overland wheels for a set of chromies. Too bad we aren't closer.

I personally love chrome, but I think plastidipping at least the fender flares would look really nice with the white.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I used Plastidip on the front grille of my commander: it looks amazing. I love it, before was chromed and now is matte black. It resist to water (rain and car wash), temperature changes and highway speed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts