Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
hey has anyone taken off the plastic one to weld on or bolt on metal ones
Yes.
You are referring to the plastic strip that covers the pinch weld?

Some rails require you remove the plastic, others do not.
My rails did, but I took my rails off a couple months ago and did not replace them.

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
It's the very first picture on page 8 of the garage.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Plastic rock rail eh?

Didn't think those words (plastic/rockrail) could be used in the same sentence..LOL.
Same effect as Military Intelligence.

There are a few members that have removed the plastic cover below the doors, either by intent or with assistance from a rock or two.

As stated, some protective rails ( the Jeep accessory comes to mind) go over and protect the plastic cover(I think) and others (such as the 4Gaurd setup) take the place of the covers.

Rob

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the help yall i am having a company out of Oklahoma City custom build me some rock rails to replace the (PLASTIC ROCK RAILS)

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just realized that it very well could be taking you to a different place depending on how many posts come up on a page in your browser. If you go to his garage and look at the post occuring on 04-28-2009 you will see it.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
thanks for the help yall i am having a company out of Oklahoma City custom build me some rock rails to replace the (PLASTIC ROCK RAILS)
Why, when 4XGuard already makes them ?

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I just realized that it very well could be taking you to a different place depending on how many posts come up on a page in your browser. If you go to his garage and look at the post occuring on 04-28-2009 you will see it.
Ha! found it!

In the upper right corner is a post number. I am using IE8 so other browsers may be different. But if I right click on the post number and then click on copy shortcut, you can link right to the post.
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showpost.php?p=115436&postcount=71

I offer this to assist in the future , if you get some old guy that cant find his way around....

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Why not? Maybe he wants his to be custom and one-of-a-kind?
Well, he is a new member and I thought he may not be aware that 4XGuard made some.

·
Registered
275 Posts
SORRY Commander version delayed--Release date TBD

This is what it says at the bottom of the 4xguard rock rail page. They are on backorder for the GC and it says that for commander.

http://www.4xguard.com/Product/SideGuard.html

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have it on pretty good authority that the XK and WK versions of 4xGuard's Side Guards are both in production.

·
Registered
275 Posts
i guess they just haven't updated the site then. Nevermind.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I am just waiting for the money but I am going with 4xguard when the time comes. If we dont buy from the vendors already working their asses off for us they will not always make everything we need. We all know how hard it is to get XK stuff already!

Will have pics of mine off soon.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have it on pretty good authority that the XK and WK versions of 4xGuard's Side Guards are both in production.
I bet you do have a good idea on whats going on. lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts