Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new XK owner. I've got a 2006 3.7L 4WD QT1 and I'm having difficulty locating part numbers for two pieces. The dealerships near me are not particularly enthusiastic to help out, so I figured the forums here were the best bet.

My Jeep is missing pieces that I have seen on other Commanders, 1) a metal slide plate that goes underneath the oil filter presumably to catch leaking oil and 2) a factory skid plate or metal undercarriage protector plate. I've seen some aftermarket options for skid plates, but my Jeep has thread holes for a factory plate and I'd prefer to just return it to complete OEM condition.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
147 Posts
There are two parts to the oil filter catch, one that attaches to the engine, and one to the front cross member. I can only find a part# for the engine attached one, 53013710AC GUARD, Splash. There are three skid plates: 52090316AG SKID PLATE, Front. 52128499AC SKID PLATE, Transfer Case. 52090274AF SKID PLATE, Fuel Tank. The Transfer case plate mounts to the fuel tank plate. There are aftermarket stand-ins for the fuel plate to mount the transfer case plate.

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Thanks. I found that but couldnt see how it worked with the SA skid plate. You'd think they would post better pictures.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks. I found that but couldnt see how it worked with the SA skid plate. You'd think they would post better pictures.
I think the picture is of their old belly plate under the transmission that SA no longer makes. The current SA transmission plate should work just fine with the transfer case plate (stock or SA).

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I think the picture is of their old belly plate under the transmission that SA no longer makes. The current SA transmission plate should work just fine with the transfer case plate (stock or SA).
Personally, I'd just get the MOPAR OEM Skid plates. If nothing else, you know you'll have reliable customer support and a product that will fit properly, as it's built to factory specs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the same problem with a Jeep dealership near me when I had to replace the fuel-tank skid plate. (And it was a proper plate, as the Commander I bought had the trail armor package, or whatever it was called.)
I could only find the thinner plates, and in exasperation, I called the dealership and asked if it was the same skid plates as the Grand Cherokee of the same year, and the tech tells me straight-up "Oh no, those parts aren't compatible."

Then, after giving up and purchasing the thinner plate for the fuel tank, I found out that yes, those skid plates are 100% interchangeable, and half of the after-market places I checked had them under the Grand Cherokee, since that's the more popular model.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I may need to start a new thread, but I think this is related. Does anyone know the bolt size for the 2 front bolts on the front skid plate? I had the oil pan replaced 2 months and apparently the did not tighten them and now they are both missing.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I may need to start a new thread, but I think this is related. Does anyone know the bolt size for the 2 front bolts on the front skid plate? I had the oil pan replaced 2 months ago and apparently the did not tighten them and now they are both missing.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I may need to start a new thread, but I think this is related. Does anyone know the bolt size for the 2 front bolts on the front skid plate? I had the oil pan replaced 2 months ago and apparently the did not tighten them and now they are both missing.
Mopar# 06505269AA BOLT AND WASHER, Hex Head, M8x1.25x32.00, Skid PlateUnderbody and Front End Cover, Mounting

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I'm a new XK owner. I've got a 2006 3.7L 4WD QT1 and I'm having difficulty locating part numbers for two pieces. The dealerships near me are not particularly enthusiastic to help out, so I figured the forums here were the best bet.

My Jeep is missing pieces that I have seen on other Commanders, 1) a metal slide plate that goes underneath the oil filter presumably to catch leaking oil and 2) a factory skid plate or metal undercarriage protector plate. I've seen some aftermarket options for skid plates, but my Jeep has thread holes for a factory plate and I'd prefer to just return it to complete OEM condition.

Thanks for any help!
Go to a junkyard and pull the skid plate off of another commander. , take your ratchet set with you and a 14mm/9/16 socket and have fun Should take about 10 minutes and about $20

1 - 14 of 14 Posts