Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to remove the stick on blind spot mirrors from my sideview mirror. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do it without damaging the car's OEM? I would typically use a hairdryer first to loosen the sticky stuff but I think it might damage the mirrors. Mine has the auto tinting/heated mirrors option. Any advice is appreciated!!!

·
2,248 Posts
I would use a single edge razorblade and go real slow. Take you time and it should come right off. Carefully use some laquer thinner on a rag to remove the adhesive but do not get it on your paint. Glass is fairly easy to work with using a razor blade. I would not do this on a painted surface because you might gouge the paint.

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
I think you are saw with the blow dryer as well, The mirrors are heated mirrors so the heat will not damage them and the heat from a blow dryer is not that hot.

You could also get some dental floss and use it as a saw under the smaller mirror and just go back and forth until the mirror is off, then use your cleaner to finish up. citrus works good on glass to remove sticky stuff too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have always used fishing line, a blowdryer, and WD-40 to remove badges. I have never tried dental floss but it could work also the WD-40 won't damage paint should you spill when cleaning up the adhesive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts