Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've been reading through threads and some of it is getting too technical for me.

So, please help in layman's terms lol.

I've got an 07 stock. See my garage link for pics.

Must:
Navi in motion
Touch Screen
Will work with my Ipod or has a way for me to transfer music from my comp to the HD.

Would like:
Sirius sat capability
Bluetooth

I have the OEM flip down DVD player in the back (again pics in my garage thread). It works with the IR headsets so it doesn't currently interact with my in dash radio. So, the new one doesn't have to have DVD capabilities.

I would like it be something hubby can install when he gets back for under $1000.
I don't want a cheap looking aftermarket look going.
It can be aftermarket if it fits well.

I've looked at the 07 NAVI OEM but it doesn't have touch screen?

Putting in the MyGig seems like a lot of work and how will that affect my DVD player?

I saw this from Kansas' post:
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10582
But the link isn't working anymore.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Try Crutchfield or Best Buy. Crutchfield has good tools you can use online for installation. The probem you may run into is the dash for the double din radio. This is sore point for several people.They are not easy to come by, or so it seams.

The opening for the radio is the "din" if you will. The single din for the stock radio and the double din for the Nav head units.

It isnt hard, but it is time consuming.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Bummer that link is dead, but I've seen the same unit available on Google Shopping or ebay occasionally. To date it's been a great radio- one of my favorite mods, especially for the money. If you find one or have questions about the system let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts