Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally took the plunge to buy 07 4.7 v8 limited... now, as required here, i had to get the engine number and chasis/vin in a paper to register. any experience getting/spotting the location. have to see the body/engine stamped numbers! tia

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
vin is on the bottom of the windshield trim on the driver's side read it from the outside, it should also be on your registration/owner card and your insurance card. Not sure about engine look at plate on post between front and rear doors on the drivers side, might be there. Welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
finally took the plunge to buy 07 4.7 v8 limited... now, as required here, i had to get the engine number and chasis/vin in a paper to register. any experience getting/spotting the location. have to see the body/engine stamped numbers! tia
If I'm understanding your post correctly, as far as I know, you only need your VIN Number as Creek said, (bottom of the front windshield - where the windshield meets the dashboard, on the driver's side, as you are looking at it from outside the vehicle) and proof of insurance.

I've never heard of any requirement to provide an engine number, I have heard the questions - how many cylinders does the engine have and what type of fuel does it run on - but that should be it as far as providing required engine information.

What state/country are you in?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I'm understanding your post correctly, as far as I know, you only need your VIN Number as Creek said, (bottom of the front windshield - where the windshield meets the dashboard, on the driver's side, as you are looking at it from outside the vehicle) and proof of insurance.

I've never heard of any requirement to provide an engine number, I have heard the questions - how many cylinders does the engine have and what type of fuel does it run on - but that should be it as far as providing required engine information.

What state/country are you in?
hi bigblue...here in seasia, these numbers are required. it need to be embossed numbers in official paper before you are allowed transfer to your name. thus the need to locate. thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vin is on the bottom of the windshield trim on the driver's side read it from the outside, it should also be on your registration/owner card and your insurance card. Not sure about engine look at plate on post between front and rear doors on the drivers side, might be there. Welcome to the forum.
thanks creek!
but need the embossed type numbers.

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
hi bigblue...here in seasia, these numbers are required. it need to be embossed numbers in official paper before you are allowed transfer to your name. thus the need to locate. thanks
That's funny, I'm in Singapore right now.

The engine I.D. number is located on the forward right hand side of the cylinder block just forward and slightly to the right of cylinder # 2.

I believe if you are standing in front of your vehicle looking at the engine, cylinder # 2 would be the closest cylinder to you on the left hand side of the block - the engine I.D. number should be on the cylinder block, just in front of that cylinder and slightly to the left as you are looking at it from the front of your vehicle.

This isn't the best quality picture, but it should give you a good idea of where to look..

I hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts